• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

It’s a big factor but so is the pub and restaurants industry. They won’t open anything till it’s safe enough. They will leave it around 2 months from easing lockdown to letting tourism restart. They will want to see from easing lockdown that the infection rate is steady or going down. That’s why it’s easier to let the stops and high streets start first then see how the virus is. That’s the way I’m seeing it at the moment if they had any plans to reopen anything drastic they would of eased more by now. The fact the only changes so far would possibly be you can go out for extra exercise don’t show they have any plans for anything to change soon. In my personal opinion they will want to avoid large groups of people in one area or place that’s why beaches are still off limit well they are where I live. The uk tourism industry makes up a large chunk of the uk economy but if they was going to rush them open they would of eased more by now. obviously I like being proved wrong but as I said it’s just my personal opinion.

I'm not saying they won't reopen. I'm saying they shouldn't and when they do, it'll be pretty miserable.

Merlin will be desperate to trade and will reopen the parks as soon as they are allowed to. But it will be a miserable experience that will cost them an absolute fortune to enforce.

We can't be compared to Europe. Our theme parks have a lower cost lower attendance model. There's no way UK parks can be compared to the likes of DLP and Europa where footfall is much higher compared to our less than 2m attendance cheap and cheerful parks in the UK. They're also around 4 weeks ahead of us in terms of COVID.

The cost of implementing social distancing measures is very high. That's not up for debate, it's fact. Towers was struggling to earn a decent margin before this all happened, just imagine what it'll be like with many more staff on the payroll trying to implement these measures.

Oh, and also don't be deluded into thinking that asking people nicely to stay 2 MTR apart and putting up posters and hand gel dispensers will suffice. Make no mistake, the cops will be there in a heartbeat should someone report social distancing advice not being followed. It won't be the selfish assholes doing it that will be held to account, it will be the park.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Agree with most there Mr Towers, apart from one minor point.
How dare you suggest that theme park rides are non essential.

Oh don't get me wrong. The most essential thing I was for doing this year was to ride Iron Gwazi mid June. Virgin still hasn't cancelled my holiday and if I thought injecting myself with disinfectant or swollowing an ultra violet lamp would get me on that RMC I would.

To again, give context to your post Matt :rolleyes: (anyone wonder how so much crap gets shared about?)

Sold out of limited capacity tickets of around 26,000 as opposed to 80,000. Also in that article - No shows, limited attractions.

If you're spreading Covid at least give them some fireworks to watch. :p

Parks are likely to open, in the uk, under strict rules, in time for the summer holidays

Summer holidays? You telling me the kids and teachers will be having a 6 week break just after having a 4 month holiday? They've got a cheek ay they? I suppose all of the parents will be booking holiday from work too to look after the kids when we could really do with getting some work done to get the economy going again? Pffffftt.

Summer holidays? You telling me the kids and teachers will be having a 6 week break just after having a 4 month holiday? They've got a cheek ay they? I suppose all of the parents will be booking holiday from work too to look after the kids when we could really do with getting some work done to get the economy going again? Pffffftt.
This is getting slightly off topic... but you realise that school kids have continued with school work and classes, right, just in a remote fashion? And equally teachers have had to work their rear-ends off turning everything they've planned on its head, to re-invent schooling to work solely over the internet?

This is getting slightly off topic... but you realise that school kids have continued with school work and classes, right, just in a remote fashion? And equally teachers have had to work their rear-ends off turning everything they've planned on its head, to re-invent schooling to work solely over the internet?

I realize that the goody-2-shoes kids have probably been doing some work. Most kids will have done nothing or an absolute minimum.

You realise that the tourist industry isn’t a small, insignificant contributor to the economy, right? They’ll want to restart it as soon as possible.

Worth about 7% of GDP in 2019 - and the leisure/outdoor attraction industry a much smaller chunk of that.

So: not the biggest priority for the Treasury at the outset.

I think the biggest problem with pubs reopening how to man it. Just look how packed pubs were on that Friday night they were last open. Also you go in your local with your family then you see a neighbour or friend you not seen in ages then after a few drinks all rules will go out the window.
I can see the queue for guest services backing up to near the towers.

Summer holidays? You telling me the kids and teachers will be having a 6 week break just after having a 4 month holiday?
You mean the teachers have all been on the beach sunbathing and drinking cocktails? Here was me thinking they were still going to work to look after the kids of key workers.

Sorry, I was trolling. I'm sure everyone is working very hard during these difficult times :)

i wonder if it would be a good idea just to open the park to hotel guests for the time being? That way they could limit the numbers and get maximum revenue from a smaller number of guests.

Also how would people feel about raised prices for a more 'Exclusive' experience? That may be a way to keep numbers low but retain some decent income.

You mean the teachers have all been on the beach sunbathing and drinking cocktails? Here was me thinking they were still going to work to look after the kids of key workers.

What percentage of teachers are still going into school to look after kids? Of that percentage how many are on a rota system and only have to go in on every other or third day or similar? I do very much respect what teachers do in general and I'm sure it's very stressful and hard work a lot of the time but let's not pretend many of them havn't had a decent little break compared with the stresses that they're usually under.

As for the kids a study recently found that around 2 thirds hadn't even logged on to home schooling sessions. Can't even have a little rant these days without people getting all pedantic and offended.