• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

It won't surprise me if things like Scarefest and Fireworks don't happen this year, but I'd hope that Towers would at least try to make up for that by having more late openings where possible.

It won't surprise me if things like Scarefest and Fireworks don't happen this year, but I'd hope that Towers would at least try to make up for that by having more late openings where possible.
With heavily reduced attendance, would it really be worth it?

It’s fine having late openings. But in my personal opinion the only draw to the park during October is scarefest. With no indoor attractions possibly being open I’d find it hard to see the demand for the park in October style weather.

The big problem I can see going into October without any events is going to be the pre booking. I have no idea what will be in place when they reopen but I’m sure some people do spur of the moment visits based on weather etc. Not everyone prebooks

definitely everyone pre books. It’s something that can’t be help and In my personal opinion could dent visitor numbers for this year. Next year will be a better season.

definitely everyone pre books. It’s something that can’t be help and In my personal opinion could dent visitor numbers for this year. Next year will be a better season.
I doubt it will dent visitor numbers any more than the heavy restrictions on admission numbers will to be honest.

It won’t be a high amount. But I’m more thinking of October with unpredictable weather. That’s the sort of time people would be unsure to go due to weather. With no events to entice people to turn up and having to pre book not knowing how the weather will be. But won’t know anything until it reopens to be fair.

It certainly hasn’t dented numbers at the parks that are opening, as Shanghai Disneyland has sold out for many days and Europa Park apparently also seems to be doing very well in selling reservations!

Yeah definitely not comparable. Disney will always be popular that will never change. How we set up the parks will be more then likely different to how other parks have opened. If the parks open in August then yes they will be full of prebooked tickets as it’s summer holiday season. Then once everyone is back at work and school the pre book tickets will not sell out unless it’s weekend midweeks will be dead. That’s just the way it works at the moment the days of spur of the moment trips are out the window for this year.

Yeah definitely not comparable. Disney will always be popular that will never change. How we set up the parks will be more then likely different to how other parks have opened. If the parks open in August then yes they will be full of prebooked tickets as it’s summer holiday season. Then once everyone is back at work and school the pre book tickets will not sell out unless it’s weekend midweeks will be dead. That’s just the way it works at the moment the days of spur of the moment trips are out the window for this year.
Europa Park could be comparable; they’re a regional park just as Towers is.

Also, hasn’t Nick Varney previously said that only a very small percentage of guests to Merlin attractions pay on the day, and that’s what their business model revolves around?

Taking this topic title literally, assuming the UK parks survive do we expect any post covid (aka once it's settled down in a year or two) changes?

I think if prebooking works in the short term merlin may move to replace fastrack with the Legoland qbot (which is qsmart not qbot) system across their portfolio.
Obviously not as a free for all but with the various packages with various waiting times.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In merlin parks I’m pretty much expecting higher prices and cuts around the park. I doubt they will stick to the prebooking after social distancing. In terms of other UK parks I don’t really know what to expect. In terms of what happens after is anything could happen.

A REGIONAL park?! Wash your mouth out, @Matt N and have a jolly good think about what you've said.
Oof @Matt N you sweet, naive, optimistic gooseberry! You've mistyped Tripsdrill! :p
My apologies, I should probably clarify; by “regional”, I meant a park that mainly caters to Germans and other people in the vicinity of the park (I think Europa is very near the French border, correct me if I’m wrong?) Towers, in that regard, caters mainly for British people. I admit that Europa’s visitor figures are considerably higher than Alton Towers’, but proportionally, I think Alton Towers could have similar success!

I must admit I didn’t think Europa had too much of an international clientele outside of enthusiast circles, but I’ve obviously been proven wrong; I thought they mainly had German visitors and got very successful from the national market!