• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What changes to operations should we expect post Covid-19?

Earlier in this topic, I remember that park capacity was a big talking point. So I decided to see if I could guesstimate how many people Alton Towers might be able to let in once the park fully opens.

The method I used to calculate the park’s theoretical capacity is admittedly quite a crude one; I added together all of the rides’ theoretical throughputs (excluding everything that’s shut, so that excludes Blade and the TWODW rides, and I did have to take a guess for a few of them as no data is available). This came to a total theoretical capacity estimate of 25,263.

Now, for the next stage, I’m not sure what sort of numbers Merlin wants to let in, but most park operators seem to be going for somewhere in the ballpark of 25-35% capacity. So going by this, I calculated that the park might be able to let in somewhere between 6,316 and 8,842 people when it opens.

I must stress that this is a complete guess on my part, but it’s certainly more than I was expecting!

It’s strange that whatever the limit is they aren’t enforcing it yet. As @imanautie has discovered the website is allowing 30k tickets to be bought for the 4th July.

It’s strange that whatever the limit is they aren’t enforcing it yet. As @imanautie has discovered the website is allowing 30k tickets to be bought for the 4th July.

i don’t think they know the exact amount yet. But then anything could happen between now and July 4th so I guess will have to wait and see the week before.

I find this very difficult to believe - just because this figure is hiding somewhere in the coding of the site, doesn't mean that it's a hard and fast number that they've actively decided to sell.

I find this very difficult to believe - just because this figure is hiding somewhere in the coding of the site, doesn't mean that it's a hard and fast number that they've actively decided to sell.
Agreed, I suspect they will be watching the numbers and just press the stop button when it reaches the limit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Out of interest what’s the data show for Fireworks dates?
Here we go :)
69a7e75f70e45e12611d4e6213d79134.jpg

Thank you @imanautie
So pretty much what you both said it’s limited elsewhere / monitored.
Yep, I'm guessing they so it elsewhere to avoid needing to move capacity between packages, they really should be doing as such however to avoid merlin being merlin.

Yep, I'm guessing they so it elsewhere to avoid needing to move capacity between packages, they really should be doing as such however to avoid merlin being merlin.

Yeah that’s why I thought it was the 30k limit.
I mean we know Fireworks is capped and it’s a lot lower than 30k so you’d assume you would do it the easy way but changing it there.

Off topic and probably won’t show as FT isn’t available but I assume you could do the same to show Fastrack allocations?

Yeah that’s why I thought it was the 30k limit.
I mean we know Fireworks is capped and it’s a lot lower than 30k so you’d assume you would do it the easy way but changing it there.

Off topic and probably won’t show as FT isn’t available but I assume you could do the same to show Fastrack allocations?
I think so!

I would imagine between 6 and 8000 will be the initial limit they put on themselves, possibly rising by August if things go well.

But anything more than 10,000 is unlikely for the foreseeable even if the park can usually handle up to 24,000 on the busiest days.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Fireworks aside it's not really relevant as they don't know MAP/ATAP attendance in advance. There are days during scarefest that are busier than fireworks have been over the past few years

I think Madame Tussaud’s and Sea life centres will have the biggest problem with Social Distancing so you may have to wear a mask in there. With the sea life centre many guests will get inpatient if guests/groups in front take to long looking at each tank. It’s the same with guests wanting to have there picture/pictures taken with each wax work.
Zoos could be easily done as have a 1 way system and marking on the floor for each family group to stand while looking at the Animals.

It will be really interesting to see how they manage social distancing in the midways. Obviously if they plan to open them straight away then fair enough. It’s just going to be good to watch how they plan and control social distancing in small spaces.