• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What GOOD things happened to you in 2016?

Had a lot of fun at times this year, met some great people and got back in touch with a good friend I'd lost contact with for a while. The Reds have made me happy and I managed to watch them beat the Ev 4-0 in the first game I'd managed to attend in a long time which was brilliant.

Travelled loads, which was something I'd never been able to do before. Managed to visit France, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Holland, Norway and Germany. Had loads of amazing experiences in all of them, exploring places like Amsterdam, Barcelona, Strasbourg, Basel, Cologne (big fan of big cathedrals, me), a music festival by the beach with some amazing acts, Oktoberfest, and of course the perks on the trips with TowersStreet like the chat with Tusenfryd, the Liseberg backstage tour and getting to sit in the Helix op throne, Grona Lund ERT, and of course the amazing construction site tours, Q&A and free mulled wine and EuropaStreet branded hardhats from Europa. Speaking of which, I managed to visit 10 parks I'd never been before as well as the fairs at Winter Wonderland and Oktoberfest, meaning I finally hit the 100 coaster milestone.

After deciding in 2014 to go back in to education and get a degree, and everything about it going wrong since, I'm in the last year of it and it's finally going well, and I split my time between being at uni in a nice house with friends I really like, and being at home living with family and working with great people and for a boss who actually is alright.

Most importantly though after pretty much reaching rock bottom a couple years ago and being a bit all over the place and a bit of a mess for a long time for *reasons* I've finally started getting back to where I want to be, and in some ways am probably more confident and happy with myself than ever. And just after Christmas I met someone who I think is going to have a very big and positive impact on my life meaning I'm going in to the new year full of optimism.

Sorry for the self indulgence :tongueout:

Haven't had much positive to say on here recently. Nice to see a topic for once that is just people being happy about life.

As for myself, I didn't think 2016 was good for me at all. It actually wasn't until I saw this topic that I actually started to think about the positives. Managed to make a lot more visits to various theme parks, meaning I had a few new coasters (maybe not such a good thing considering that the list now includes G-force and shockwave, but I can also say I've done olympia looping so everything is ok). Passed (almost) all of my exams last year, some much better than I expected. Managed to get sixth form sorted so I now have some subjects I enjoy.

By far the biggest positive of 2016 for me, was the realisations I came to regarding my personal life. Something I've no doubt mentioned on here a couple of times, and I'm sure a fair few members on here can relate to. Once I got to an ok place with that, I can honestly say this has been the happiest I've been in a long time.

Let's see how 2017 goes now.

Met a load of new enthusiasts through various societies at university, had my first merlin pass, plenty of great trips places and graduated from University with a 2:1. Not bad considering I flunked GCSE's. Ended up in a job working in my local supermarket which is nice as I was kept busy and not bored.

Leicester City won the Premier League in 2016, what more is there to say? Oh and I went to all of our Champions League group games, home and away.

I also spent the first day of 2016 and the last day of 2016 at Europa-Park.

:)

Came 2nd at national schools regatta, getting decent grades at GCSE, took my younger sister to Thorpe park for the first time and she ended up choosing Stealth to be her favourite ride, and having the year anniversary with my girlfriend. A decent year despite all the world trying to make it horrible.