• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is it that everyone who's visited likes so much about Europa Park?

Actually feeling like a visitor rather than a walking wallet. Of course like Disney, EP have a way making you part with your cash, it just feels a lot less in your face and mandatory. Like anywhere you can spot flaws and probably nitpick but once you realise how much passion the Mack family exude into the park, you tend to overlook them. Also having a cocktail that could blind an elephant in the hotel helps with the fun. (one for your rents!)

Your line "balance between theming, atmosphere and thrills" is the one that resonates with my feelings on the park the most. Whilst not always having the best x hardware or even the grandest of shows, it just gets more right than any park I've personally visited.

Whether or not it becomes your favourite park is personal to you but I doubt you would regret it :)

My biggest criticism of Europa is that there are no drinking fountains. It should be a provided facility especially when it can get quite hot in the summer plus long opening hours.

I've always got the impression that no one ever considers drinking non-bottled water in Europe. Even finding non-sparkling water can be tough.

But it doesn't matter. This is what beer is for.

It is the overall freedom the park offers and the fact not only is there is so much to do, but also the huge amount of variety.

You could easily spend a week there in the Summer imo. Want a day for rides? You can do that. Want to chill and watch some shows around the park? You can do that. Want to seemingly just eat all day? You can do that. Want to chill by the pool for a few hours? You can do that. Want to go to a Water Park? You can do that soon. What to get drunk off your ass? Oh you can certainly do that!

Last edited:
My biggest criticism of Europa is that there are no drinking fountains. It should be a provided facility especially when it can get quite hot in the summer plus long opening hours.
I agree. Germany sadly :(

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’ve been twice before 3 days in 2017 and bought and AP and then a week last year in July, although we did do another couple of things locally.

What people are saying is true, you can simply walk around the park, find yourself someone to have a picnic and have a great time. The shows, hotels and rides are excellent thrown in with a great mix for the family.

I met Michael Mack last year in the park and he was lovely and seemed genuinely appreciated we had drove from the uk to spend time at his park.

No fast track means no conning is with poorly run rides which means it’s fair for everyone. I really enjoy the place and can’t wait to go back.

I have another question for you all; is Europa Park anything like Disney? As I've heard quite a few people liken it to Disney's Magic Kingdom-style park.

I have another question for you all; is Europa Park anything like Disney? As I've heard quite a few people liken it to Disney's Magic Kingdom-style park.
It depends in what sense you mean. There are a number of rides at EP which are blatantly inspired by original Disney rides (Geisterschloss, Piraten in Batavia, the Eurosat sphere, I mean it's even got a ride which translates to "Small World", mainly due to the fact that there was no Disney in Europe at the time these rides were being installed at Europa), and of course there's a lot of roaming entertainment and shows. But the layout of the park is completely different. There's no centerpiece as such, and the end of the main street, Deutsche Allee, brings you out at the far left of the park.

Europa has lots more rides than your typical Disney park too, with around 70 in one park at EP but then WDW has around 50 over 4 parks (not including walkthroughs, or shows, which would take EP's count up to over 120). I would say the major difference for me however, is the feeling and atmosphere in the park. Disney is extremely corporate and "forced fun" to an extent, whereas at EP you feel as though Roland has personally invited you to visit this extraordinary project he's forever putting together in his back garden. You are just treated so well at EP!

In comparison to Magic Kingdim, Europa’s themeing and vistas are on a generally smaller scale. The scope and scale of the rides at Disney are also grander and on a ride-for-ride basis, Disney will likely come out on top. That’s not to say that Europa’s themeing is small scale or the rides are poor quality; they’re not.

Judging just by themeing, scale and rides though doesn’t tell you the full story. In a way the experience EP provides is slightly intangible. It’s a cliche, but it’s the little things at EP which complete the experience and elevate it to a level which other parks don’t reach. There are things in EP you just would not see at a Disney park - a pub in the kid’s area, a refreshing attitude to self-preservation, unscheduled entertainment, nooks and crannies to explore in nearly every area. They’re all a perfect example of how just having great rides can’t provide a great experience and vice-versa.

Individual ride may remind you of MK, but as a park there is very little which makes EP any more similar to MK than most other well themed parks.

There are elements you can explain as to why EP is great, however the full experience encompasses so many of these little elements, you could never articulate every one of them. It really is somewhere you need to visit to truly appreciate.