• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is the best value park you've been to?

I didn't actually think the merch was that good at EP. Sure, the shop was massive but there was a very limited selection of t-shirts (something I wanted the most), and a lot of the minor stuff was lacking too (magnets, pencils, keyrings etc.) Also, the ride/park soundtrack CD's were hideously overpriced for what was on them.

EP's merch selection isn't the best out there but there is some lovely stuff. They don't seem to sell any of the generic tacky merch (i.e. fluorescent coloured stationary or cheap key rings) that most parks seem intent on selling. When I last went they had some really nice t-shirts. It's worth looking in all the different shops around the park though as some things you can only seemingly get in one shop.

Also, if anyone is ever considering getting the DVD that they sell but isn't overly sure, all I can say is get it! It is a tad pricey (€25 I think) but it makes for brilliant viewing.

:)

I think Holiday Park deserves a mention here, it's about £22.50 for a ticket on the gate and you get one of highest rated steel coasters in the world, a quite good log flume, a new premier coaster and boobs the ride. Seems like quite good value to me.

:)

Without wanting to come across to Fan boyish, I think EP has a superior selection of products, at a much higher quality than Alton Towers. As others have said, I could easily spend a small fortune at EP, while keeping my wallet firmly in my pocket at Towers.

With regards to the music been so expensive, I can not disagree that it does feel expensive, but at least it is on sale, unlike parks in the UK, and at the end of the day, it is money well spent as background music that brings back such positive memories is hard to come by :)

As for what park is best value for money, its a very difficult one to Answer, with Merlin Annual Passes being so cheap, it does make the 4 Merlin UK parks good value, even if the state of them leaves a lot to be desired.

Compared to EP, which is around £65 for a two day ticket also provides excellent value due to the quality of the park, and the number of different attractions and shows to enjoy in one park is second to none.

Ian