• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is the ride (if any) that you have regretted going on after the ride finished?

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
The only rollercoaster that I have been on where this applies for me is Pinball X, which was at Dreamland Margate. It was very aggressive and quite painful with very few redeeming factors.

The only rollercoaster that I have been on where this applies for me is Pinball X, which was at Dreamland Margate. It was very aggressive and quite painful with very few redeeming factors.
That surprises me, I rode it at Dreamland and remember really enjoying it. Much better than those awful Reverchon ones!

A ride I regretted going on was Velocity at Mingo. My first motorbike coaster and probably my last, I found it really painful and didn't enjoy it at all.

X2 at magic mountain in 2015. Banged my head hard on the restraints towards the end of the ride on one of rough spots . Resulted in a bad head ache for a few hrs. I have been in it since in 2019 and had a better ride without banging my head but was apprehensive of same happening again it took away some of the enjoyment of the ride and could happily visit magic mountain in the future and not go on it.

Last edited:
There are some coasters I don’t enjoy, but I wouldn’t say I’ve ever expressly regretted riding a coaster for the first time, because as a coaster counter, I do still like ticking off the +1 from that first ride, whether I enjoyed the ride or not. I wouldn’t be in a mad rush to reride a coaster I didn’t enjoy, though.

One flat ride I did really regret doing recently, however, was Samurai at Thorpe Park. I’d remembered enjoying it in 2018, but I rerode it on my recent visit to Thorpe Park in September 2023… and it was vile. It span horribly, and it did that horrible thing that Air Race at Drayton Manor does where it slowly dangles you upside down for seconds on end so that you can feel stuff moving around in your stomach. It was also horribly jolty; it jerked very violently, and I kept hitting my legs and my ears. Overall, it was nauseating and jolty for me, and I definitely came off feeling a little worse for wear and in need of a sit down…

The Breakdance at Blackpool South Pier. I wouldn’t say that I regretted it as such but my daughter was looking like she was about to throw up and I was hoping that the cycle would come to an end soon. I’ve normally got a very high tolerance for spinning rides but that was a bit too much. Certainly got our money’s worth from the cycle though.

Forbidden Journey. Absolutely finished me off and I refused to go on it in LA last year and will not be going on it in Orlando next month.

The wife said I looked green when I came off it and it took me a good three hours to feel okay again.

When I decided to ride Colossus at Thorpe for a second time in one day. I wanted to give it another chance after a bad first ride, gave me a massive headache and I don’t usually get headaches from coasters.

Hero @ Mingo. The ultimate one and done coaster.
That thing should be used as a punishment for criminals of minor offences. They would never re-offend again.

I have to say that the Ultimate at LWV in its final years of operation too is a worthy contender. So rough on the second section that I got bruised ribs.

Like @Poisson I don't really regret riding anything for the first time, as even if it's vile you have a +1 and something to talk about, as well as the knowledge you need never ride it again.

However my first ride on Valhalla I deeply regret. Impossibly wet and on a not-very-warm September day without a change of clothes. Taking a bag was another mistake, as it fell off my lap on one of the drops and became submerged in the foot of water at the bottom of the boat. Unfortunately the bag contained my spare (no longer) dry socks and my phone, which failed to restart until I had taken it apart at home and taken a hairdryer to it. I didn't pay much attention to the theming elements or effects because I was trying to keep my recently-sprained ankle from knocking against the side of the boat. I spent the rest of the day hobbling about in wet clothes getting gradually colder and more miserable. And then it rained.

Did a Megadancer at a fair in France, saw it operating and thought it look awful. As it was the opening day of the fair it was 2 for 1 so my friend took the 2 tickets so thought I'd chance it. Genuinely disgusting and felt like it was never going to end, only good thing was the smoke flavoured to smell like strawberry.

Any really intense flat ride at a fair is a no go for me. They make me unwell just watching them off-ride.

The retro squad ride that sat on Ripsaw's grave (Funk n Fly I think?) I didn't think I had particularly chunky thighs but once the bar was locked in place it was the most pain I've ever been in sat on a ride, even worse than Hero.