• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What is wrong with this site?

Adam

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler
It seems like every couple days the site goes offline randomly, for example this morning. Why does this keep happening?

Sadly our server is having a few technical issues and we are aware of the problem (and also how frustrating it is).

Craig has had a little tinker with it but it looks like Joel needs to spend abit of time doing something to it (I dont know, I think he sings Soft Kitty to it) - and unfortunately Joel has other commitments away from the site at present, we cant expect him to drop everything at a moments notice and sort out the problem.

But as I say, we are aware of the issues and are trying to sort it.

Also we have installed a service called CloudFlare which should allow you to see a cached version of the pages, so you wont be without us for long!

Just a little further info..

Ben's pretty much covered most of it, it's causing us a few headaches in the background to say the least! We've been making some tweaks to see if this improves the situation but obviously as this morning shows things are still a bit iffy. We're working on it though and we'll sort it as soon as we possibly can so thanks for bearing with us :).

In terms of Cloudflare, we do have this on the site, but not on the forum. The reason for this is the cached pages can be out of date so really doesn't work well for a realtime feature such as TST. We are kicking things (not in the literal sense :p) to bring things back up when we notice the site does go down though, so normally downtime isn't as noticeable, but this morning took a little more kicking than usual. We'll keep you update on where we're at with things though, hopefully it shouldn't be too long before we're back to 100% :).