• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What modest upgrades would you make?

ScottishChris

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Legend
If you had a budget of £50-100k and could make modest changes/ upgrades to anything at Towers - what would you do?

For me, I would install interpretation board in the towers ruins, with immersive audio which could be played on the press of a button. I would also like to see appropriate lighting in the ruins themselves - things like flickering lights in fireplaces & lights highlighting carvings etc.

I would love to see a replica Chained Oak installed in Woodcutters courtyard.

Finally, I would love to see a mobile catering unit used to create a 'tea room' in the gardens conservatory. I'm sure that up-selling an afternoon tea at the tie of booking could actually make a few £... the problem is, well, Aramark and quality.

Something I imagine would be relatively simple to do and would increase revenue is sort out the online shop. It doesn’t have to have absolutely everything on, but surely there’s no reason they can’t have mugs, clothing, photos and the like on there.

Off the top of my head and just spitballing from that kind of budget id like to see a really great commissioned frog fountain to replace the current fountains at talbot street. But still retaining the essence of what they do, just something a little more elaborate/grander.

I personally would focus on Towers street with all the buildings repainted, and making the Teachers Lounge into a public restaurant. That and I'd get rid of the trees to get that open view it had during the 80s

Sub £100k wouldn't get them anything. I'd clean and paint as much as I could until the money ran out. Some things at Towers just need a once over with a car sponge and a paint brush. Not expensive, but they've got to care enough to do it.

Lit/covered/speakered path between all the accommodation and both theme park entrances.

Information boards, media units throughout the towers ruins

Permanent structures to replace security tents

More snack variety around the park

Thinking themed popcorn (and buckets), spring rolls, bao buns etc from small stands like Disney

The popcorn buckets alone would probably make a ROI
I'd be happy with a decent sarnie.

I do wonder what Towers plans are for the future now. I know we’ve got project ocean in 2025 and Horizon in 2026 but what could we see after that? I wonder what the park will look like when we enter the new decade