• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What re-themes' would you like to see?

ScottishChris

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Legend
I feel that Towers has struggled to 'keep within the theme' for quite some time, and as such I would like to see some rides rethemed. Friday was a slow day working for my self - so I pondered a bit too much about 'Galactica'. MMM can have this one for free...

Firstly, rename the ride to Rift

Back story: Whilst working on 'Top Secret' projects in the area, the Phalanx have identified anomalies in the air around the site of 'The Nemesis'. Studies have shown these anomalies to be traces of a former Rift in the fabric of the universe. Phalanx scientists believe this to be the origin of the Nemesis on earth. The Phalanx installed a flying testing vehicle under the code-name of 'Air' to be able to take readings and monitor the rift. Missions to the site of the Rift have gathered few interesting readings. Recent renewed activity around the site of the Nemesis has drawn interest and concern from the public - as such the Phalanx have opened the rift site to you to prove that everything is "perfectly safe".

Queue: Phalanx "Top Secret" signage, barbed wire and abandoned equipment will litter the queue line. Audio will play occasionally using phrases such as:
"This is a phalanx operated site. Photography and reporting of our activities are strictly prohibited. There is no need for concern"
"Everything is perfectly normal. There is no need for concern"
"Readings from the rift are perfectly normal. There is no need for concern"
"The Phalanx are here to keep you safe. There is no need for concern"
"You will shortly be boarding a Phalanx operated aircraft for a trip to the site of The Rift. It is perfectly safe. There is no need for concern"
"There has been no unusual activity in this area. There is no need for concern."

The station: Entering the station, the large projector will show a looped recording of the suited man from the Phalanx - he will tell the back story and continuously remind you that there is no need for concern.
The station itself will take a military/ industrial feel. The use of Camo nets, boxes with the Phalanx logo on it and lots of screens realind data and graphs. These graphs will spike every 15 mins causing alarms to go off, before the data 'returns to normal' and an announcement will remind you that there is "no need for concern"
Staff: All staff will be dressed in army camo featuring the Phalanx logo.

The ride:
The tunnel to the lift hill will be Phalanx branded. Top secret signage and strobe lights will be used to greater tension. Audio will play in the tunnel. "This Phalanx operated aircraft will take you to an unspecified height where you will glide to the site of The Rift. In the event of activity at The Rift, the Phalanx will monitor the situation - you are perfectly safe. There is no need for concern.
The galactica portal will be removed.
At the final turn around a new portal will be added - this is 'the rift'
Theming will be built at ground level - glowing, mist filled cracks in the ground. Tentacles similar to those of the Nemesis
Directional speakers playing squeals, cracks and similar noises will fire sound at the train
1695459926667.png

Clearly - I have way too much time!

I find it so frustrating that Towers theming is not on-point as it should be. So much could be easily re-themed at little cost to improve how immersive the park is,

Galactica
Style - Steampunk
Story - we find that in the future a Nemesis egg develops into being a more evolved version of the Nemesis monster which goes on to destroy civilisation as we know it (in the near future). The human race struggles on in the aftermath and after several hundred years rebuilds technology (in steam punk style!)
They build a time machine (galactica) to come back to try to find the incubation site of the egg to destroy it.
We join them to ride this lovely steam punky flying machine.
Obviously there would be mist, tentacles, eggs laying around.

I would definitely re-theme Galactica, perhaps to an attack on Nemesis. I would re-theme TWODW, but I am not sure what I would re-theme it to.

The weakest area of the park by far is behind the Towers and Dark Forest.

Avoiding a complete costly overhaul, re-theme Dark Forest to a land of myths and legends, which wouldn't take much, and incorporate Hex. Would suit some more family flats between the rides and don't all need to be dark. Replace Rita or give it a proper name, station/pre-show, story and tunnels - feels like a waste of time for something that won't last much longer though - replace with a better ground hugging launch coaster.

Re-theme TWoDW to a storybook street and incorporate a revised attraction on the dungeons site. That way Gangsta Granny and Raj's shop can stay if necessary and there can be a magical theatre, a magical library (a walk through attraction) and some modern family flats.

Project Horizon would be in a separate area (and possibly incorporate the dungeons replacement instead).

Rita should be renamed to banshee. New trains that don't look like race cars painted white. Redo the track to be all dark green. Have audio shreik with the launch.
Really like this idea!

I would definitely re-theme Galactica, perhaps to an attack on Nemesis. I would re-theme TWODW, but I am not sure what I would re-theme it to.
You're all going to hate me for this but I think the next young or pre-teen focused IP should be Fortnite or Pokémon - both are really popular and have longevity/appeal to different age ranges. I imagine both cost a pretty penny to license though!

Ideally for me, there would be no IP and AT would bring a Cloud Cuckoo style area back to TWODW!

Katanga Canyon - Now called Dreary Copse.

During routine excavations, a haunted/cursed tree (indistinguishable from all the other trees to cut back on theming costs) is disturbed. A sinister/secret organisation try to fight the tree off with tanks and helicopters, putting 'danger of death' signs everywhere and painting RMT's track black. But this is to no avail. The tree managers to plaster the area with cheap 2d vinyls, replaces all the ingredients in Pizza Pasta with Tesco Value equivalents whilst raising the prices by a substantial margin, and pours purple paint all over the rapids boats.

Dark Forest is by far one of the worst areas of the park. The placement of Rita turned a nice open area into basically a supermarket isle with some cattle pen queues at the end of it.

So from that I’d happily remove Rita, then I’d hire @rob666 to remove the fake tree branches and overgrowth as the resident gardener.

Add two flats and turn it back into Ugland as I don’t have the creative capacity to dream up a retheme, nor do I see the obsession with steampunk or space theming.

I'm a maintenance gardener, no arboriculturalist...they charge ten times as much.
I just want too do the shrubberies in the main garden valley...properly.

I always feel that they miss a massive trick with the Gardens. If they maintained them properly, they could open them up for a few days a year for visitors when the Park itself is shut. I have little doubt they would be busy, and could make a good profit - a minimal entry fee and next-to-no staff.

One of the best days I had at Towers was during Covis when they opened the gardens. I went with a friend who would not normally go near a theme park. The atmosphere was so wholesome too, with people having picnics on the grass and actually appreciating how wonderful the grounds are and not just rushing through them.

I'll sound like a broken record but when Project Horizon opens, TWODW is rethemed into the long shelved Port Discovery concept in which the part gets its steampunk area in which Project Horizon is none other than a new version of Black Hole and the milk the nostalgia market like mad, retheme the Dungeons back into its original Around the world in 80 days theme which not only has it themed better to reflect the area and added capacity, but see's that ride come full circle with its theme.

In fact, the area is actually given a full stacked transformation in which GG is rethemed into the the HG Wells novel 'The Time Machine' in which the ride takes you round sections based on the novel and speaking of HG Wells, bring back the theatre into being a 4D film based on 'War of the Worlds' (actually, you could use an IP of some kind by using partly the VR Jeff Wayne WOTW to cut costs of new designs) and maybe the inside of the Nickelodeon building can be gutted out and have a simulator ride based on 'Journey to the centre of the Earth' in which that area suddenly becomes not only dark ride corner but perhaps one of the most stacked areas in the park.

While these themes are technically IP's with the exception of a steampunk Black Hole, they are all in the public domain meaning no need to pay for any licenced theme.

And I'm not done. In Forbidden Valley, bring back Air but have the area split in two by a wall in which Air gains its new Oasis paradise theme and that area of the park is opened up more to have something a lost continent theme at Universal Studios which could be what Forbidden Valley was like before Nemesis corrupted the land and Air is the force of good protecting the area from both Nemesis and even the Phalanx who want to harvest Air's godly powers for their own wicked means.

Dark Forest though...honestly, any idea is suitable as they can't get worse than they are now as I have no clue what to do with that area other than getting rid of both Rita and Thirteen and starting again from scratch.

I'd like to see Dark Forest transformed into Altonville. It's considered a Scarefest idea however it doesn't have to be dark and scary. The Altonville related attractions for Scarefest have been spun as local myths and ghost stories, and they can stay that way. Have a nicely themed Western area! Regulars who go to Scarefest would already be familiar with the name and location.

I do think to make that zone work though even with any theme, it needs some serious leveling and reorganisation. It's not a nice area to walk through, the addition of Rita made things so claustrophobic.

With Galactica, I think the best and most favorable option is to keep away from the Nemesis story as much as possible and let it be its own thing, preferably a new version of air with all the originally planned theming.

As for TWODW, I'd love to see a more whimsical tone take its place like how Cloud Cuckoo Labd was, or a steam punk theme!

I think the area of 13 and Rita desperately needs something. I just don’t get what it’s meant to be - some kind of Mad Max theme with a spooky haunted forest and building at the end of it?

It could be literally anything, just make it all the same and fit in with each other.

Rita really made what used to feel such a big area very constricted. I’d keep Thirteen but reroute the queue to somewhere between Skyride and Burger Kitchen and make it part of ‘The Towers’ then remove Rita and start again with the dark forest area. There is a strip of fairly open land down past the old Ug Swinger site that could be incorporated too. Maybe a nice multi-launch coaster to replace Rita’s offering. Whilst I don’t love Rita, it’s the placement of the ride that is such an issue rather than the ride itself, it is just a huge wall hiding all behind it and stopping it ever becoming a consistent area.

X-Sector. It's just a wasted space right now.

Create some theme on why the Smiler was created and link it with Oblivion some way, with a new dark ride where the chicken place and the amusement arcade is, there'd be still space for a food outlet aswell and possibly link the queue line with the pit.

Then have 2 new permanent flats put in the area, hopefully something unique to the UK. It used to be one of the strongest areas of the park but it's just been forgot about in recent years and it doesn't help Oblivion has aged badly thrill wise.

I've never felt immersed in X Sector in terms of theming. It's a weird area...Two of the most intimidating looking coasters, one blasting 90's DnB and the other playing a repetitive earache. Does it really even have a theme? I've never walked into X Sector and felt immersed into another land, even in its early days with Energizer & Blackhole as a kid. The whole MOJ connection is lame. I personally find it one of the least enjoyable areas of the park to be in, the only saving grace is seeing Oblivion shuttles disappear into the ground.

TWODW - LEGO Discovery Land.

Stretching to burger kitchen all rethemed. Flight of the skylion added behind the former Nickelodeon building. Gangsta granny rethemed to Ninjago. Driving school…well. Dungeons re-themed to Lego Factory Tour and the lifts re-used or Pirate adventure. Small flats added. Mini World added to some internal parts of the towers (also used as an opportunity to enclose/redevelop some unused parts of the towers). 4D cinema rethemed to Monster House Party.

Dark Forest - The Village
Remove Rita
Add new indoor, sit down eating establishment called The Tavern
New RMC akin to Taron
New small indoor dark ride
New indoor theatre

Wickerman rethemed to something pirate related or Mutiny Bay to something Merrie England related…

For its time X-Sector was cool in 1998 appealing to that Y2K factor of the day though now does look rather tired even of you ignore the poor upkeep of the place.

I'm aware that it seems that Phalanx are having a bigger presence in FV next year with what looks to be yet another military theme on the park which seems similar to X-Sector and honestly this might be an opportunity for change if it means FV seems to be taking on a straight forward military presence in the area

I'd keep X-Sector and it's theme but really modernise it as in a 'X-Sector 2098' theme job in which could be more of a slick almost tron-neon glow area in which it can be on the surface this slick, safe and clean environment much like Italian Oblivion's theme in Gardaland but under the surface is hiding a dark secret which could be a nice twist from the 'evil' or 'dark' themes in which new look X-Sector could lead you into a false sense of security. There is potential in the area if they handle it well though I do wish Smiler's station had been like Oblivion's station building as it could fit better into the slick theme instead of the Soviet tower block plonked on site.