• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What's your local park?

T said:
Natalie said:
Mine is Sundown Adventureland but my adult park is Alton Towers.
I used to visit this park when I was in primary school. Oh, the joys!

It was quite a nice park back then, no idea what it's like now. I did pick a map up a few weeks back, however it stated that the park was suitable for 'Under 12 Year Olds' & I don't fancy walking around a park where it could look like I'm.......... a predator! Having said this, however, I would genuinely love to take a look at what the place has become nowadays, as it genuinely was a nice place!

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD
We now have a Christmas meet there on the 15th of Dec 2nd year of doing it if you want to come?

Well I suppose my "local" parks are Fantasy Island and Pleasure Island but then again Alton is ony 1 hour and a half down the road! :) (without speeding of course :-\ )

My Local is currently Lightwater Valley... However I don't think I will get a chance to visit this season :(

Pleasure Beach just a few minutes walk. Visits to Alton this year? 5 Visits to the Pleasure Beach? 0 :D (Well it'll be 1 after today)

Strictly speaking, Ocean Beach Pleasure Park (South Shields), but for all intents and purposes let's just say Lightwater Valley!

Tim said:
Of course the park I would truly class as my local park is The Village. It was less than 10 minutes away from my family’s chalet so I used to visit several times a year. Sadly it’s been closed since 2004.
As it happens I may be in the middle of a project concerning The Village at the moment ;)

I have found memories of The Village when i was a boy, i now work at a museum which brought a shed from the Village, but My local is Pleasurewood Hills, which i've been whoring this year as have been unable to get anywhere else what with finances so tight i've only had 1 trip to legoland this year, aside from a few funfairs :'(

hobohippie95 said:
Tim said:
Of course the park I would truly class as my local park is The Village. It was less than 10 minutes away from my family’s chalet so I used to visit several times a year. Sadly it’s been closed since 2004.
As it happens I may be in the middle of a project concerning The Village at the moment ;)

I have found memories of The Village when i was a boy, i now work at a museum which brought a shed from the Village, but My local is Pleasurewood Hills, which i've been whoring this year as have been unable to get anywhere else what with finances so tight i've only had 1 trip to legoland this year, aside from a few funfairs :'(

There's also a bit of The Village at Pleasurewood Hills, I'm sure you know what? ;)

I'm wrighting a bit about it that I hoped to finish today but might not.

Tim said:
hobohippie95 said:
Tim said:

There's also a bit of The Village at Pleasurewood Hills, I'm sure you know what? ;)

I'm wrighting a bit about it that I hoped to finish today but might not.

Probably something really obvious, but i have no clue, let me know when you do finish writing about it.

It wouldn't be the old helter skelter would it? Which has now since been removed...

I used to love The Village as a kid! I remember they had a very old mini-Hex too.

Joseph said:
Well I suppose my "local" parks are Fantasy Island and Pleasure Island but then again Alton is ony 1 hour and a half down the road! :) (without speeding of course :-\ )

Where do you live? You must live pretty close to me if they're your local parks and Alton is only an hour away!

mrbrightside said:
It wouldn't be the old helter skelter would it? Which has now since been removed...

I used to love The Village as a kid! I remember they had a very old mini-Hex too.

Yes, i remember the mini-Hex, scared me a bit, and unless it sky hooks? i remember that they had a little chair o plain and a thing i can't remember the name off that moved as you walk along it, i used to love it as a kid but can't remember what's it called, you had two walkways which went up and down as people walked along, anyone remember what there called?

I think I'm about to derail this topic:

mrbrightside said:
I remember they had a very old mini-Hex too.

The%20Haunted%20Conservatory%20Swing.JPG

I loved that ride. I still haven't got to go on its twin Impossible at Blackpool (its always closed when I've been there) but I've only ever heard bad things about it where as this had retro charm. More pictures can be found here, but I'm thinking of doing a proper review of the place some time while as that topic was just an attempt for me to find more info on where the rides went.

hobohippie95 said:
Probably something really obvious, but i have no clue, let me know when you do finish writing about it.

It is the old train station which is now over Pleasurewood Hill's Coke Train. It's a small tribute but once you know where it's from you never stop noticing.

I've finished what I was writing, it was a small nod to the park at the start and end of my Tripsdrill Review.

Gosh, The Village is a blast from the past! I remember going there as a child when family holidays to Great Yarmouth was an annual thing. The Carousel was such a beautiful thing!

From the very vague memories I have of the place I can remember The Haunted being more enjoyable than Impossible at Blackpool. It felt more refined than Blackpool's ever did on my visit there a few seasons ago.

Here's a very rare insight into The Village for those interested:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSU-ty1_80[/youtube]

My nearest theme park is Oakwood, which is just under 2 hours away from me. Other than that there's not a lot near Newport. I could count Barry Island although that place has become such a joke now and is so run down I question whether it can even be named as a fair.