• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

When were you last scared on a ride ?

Another vote for trap door slides. First one I done was at SeaWorld Aquatica and the act of transfering your weight from the platform to the trapdoor took longer than I had anticipated. Even had the 20 year old operator give it a "You Alright, mate". Love them now though.

Summit Plummet is another.

Last 'ride' to give me the fear was Falcons Fury.

Only 2 rides scared the hell out of me so far.

1) Skyflyer Drayton Manor. Pandemonium wasn’t half as scary as Skyflyer with just a lap bar and a cage surrounding you. It felt like you were falling out your seat.

2) Excalibur 2 Camelot
With it going up side up down and spinning 360 degrees and the seats moving in and out I felt like it was so unsafe.

Only 2 rides scared the hell out of me so far.

1) Skyflyer Drayton Manor. Pandemonium wasn’t half as scary as Skyflyer with just a lap bar and a cage surrounding you. It felt like you were falling out your seat.

2) Excalibur 2 Camelot
With it going up side up down and spinning 360 degrees and the seats moving in and out I felt like it was so unsafe.
Yup, only just a decade since that poor young lad fell to his death from excalibur, you were right to be frightened!

Yeah I knew about the 12 year old boy but didn’t mention it as I thought that was for the ride accidents topic.
I think it was the slow speed of the ride which made it more scary.

The Mouse at Blackpool PB must get an honourable mention here ... taking those corners always felt about 2 seconds from certain death! My sister said it's the only time my face said "get me off this thing" rather than "this is the best moment of my life" 🤣

Also Star Flyers ... nope!

Convinced myself to do the star flyer at Tivoli Gardens which was pretty terrifying. Did the windseeker at Kings Island this summer which was pretty scary as well.

I'm ok with Funtime Star Flyers but anything else, even if half the height are petrifying - they just don't seem to have the same finesse in them.

Pterodactyl at Flamingo Land at the weekend was hideous. Not least because half of it is inexplicably missing, but a ride on a calm day is nothing compared to one in a moderate wind.

Anything at M&D's Pre-Tsunami crash and with Tornado still there was enough to crap the bed for any brave man.

For anything I can think of, it is pretty much those near vertical waterslides, I really can't do any of them, even if you were to give me a million pounds to ride one, I'd still turn you down. Those things just give me the fear and me tumbling forward as I can't go lying straight on my back.

Anything at M&D's Pre-Tsunami crash and with Tornado still there was enough to crap the bed for any brave man.

For anything I can think of, it is pretty much those near vertical waterslides, I really can't do any of them, even if you were to give me a million pounds to ride one, I'd still turn you down. Those things just give me the fear and me tumbling forward as I can't go lying straight on my back.
What about if I gave you enough money to buy M&D's and do it up? Would you do one then?

What about if I gave you enough money to buy M&D's and do it up? Would you do one then?
70f78870e958aab1d0827743c3ae3ab4.jpg

Probably when I went on one of those open ferris wheel type attractions that was in town

16660778639210.jpg

It kept tipping towards and I felt like I was going to fall out. I couldn't wait to get off it.

I don't like drop towers and will never ride a Star Flyer. I can deal with heights on a rollercoaster without any issue at all, but I can't deal with it on other rides. Even a ferris wheel can be too much if it's an open gondola.

I'm terms of rollercoasters, I can share @pluk 's sense of panic when I'm sat in the Swarm brake run. Those vest restraints tighten up on me and I sit there struggling to breathe. They stop me from exhaling properly and I can feel a panic building. I have to keep myself calm but I dread to think what would happen if it broke down. It's the only ride I get that experience on.

Iron Gwazi for me.

It didn’t help that I was hungover, and I get anxiety when I’m hungover, but for anyone that’s not been on it at one stage in the queue you’re looking out right up at the lift hill and the height of it, combined with the RMC madness just sent me over the edge; my head started spinning and I actually walked back from the queue before pulling myself together and riding it.

Glad I did though, one of my favourite ever coasters and ended up doing it 3 times.

The last time I got the fear was on some kind of home built wannabe gyroswing at a fair, that was making a few too worrying noises, in a few too worring places. Genuinley terrifying, but probably not for the reason intended. The other noticeable time was on my first trip to towers, when I was probably the only person ever to get the full fear package of Th13teen that merlin was raving about, compared to the reality. Weirdly, that was what led to me becoming an enthusiast, so all's good I guess

Went on the one at Little Amerricka in the Summer. Such a mad ride, sitting on the floor of the ride vehicle with a slightly padded roof. The vertical lift. Then the whirring noise as you go round the turns before you brace for the airtime hill.

Went on the one at Little Amerricka in the Summer. Such a mad ride, sitting on the floor of the ride vehicle with a slightly padded roof. The vertical lift. Then the whirring noise as you go round the turns before you brace for the airtime hill.
This one tours for extra fear factor. We had a lift slip on the L&T Systems at Hayling Island earlier on so we had back ache already so the airtime hill slam was less appreciated