• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Why do the UK’s smaller theme parks seem to struggle more than similarly sized equivalents abroad?

Another point in the favour of some continental parks is the better H+S laws if something does happen. I've been stood a foot from a break dance at full speed and all one of the platform hosts said was stop. If I had stepped on to it and died? My fault and they would have been fine. Over here personal responsibility has gone which means if anything happens like say standing up on a rapids and being ejected, the park is in trouble whereas over there they would be fine.

Belgium has 4 decent sized parks, Netherlands has 3. Compagnie des Alpes owns 3 of the 7, Parques Reunidos own another. So yes, 3 parks may be independent, the majority of decent sized parks are chains over there as well.