• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Wicker Man - General Discussion - Part Two

If the rapids is shut for the day as well, maybe it’s some kind of electrical fault in that area of the park or something? (Maybe WM and the rapids share the same generator; they are very close to one another. I don’t really know.)

It could just be a coincidence, but it does seem a bit odd that WM and the Rapids would both suddenly be shut all day on the same day… possibly too odd for it to be a coincidence. Maybe there is some kind of thing they’re doing in that wider area of the park?
I thought the same when mixtape and enterprise was down at the same time and apparently that wasn't the case so who knows.

The park doesn't use generators to my knowledge, its possible that to complete the repairs on Wicker-man that the congo rapids were needing to be closed for access

I'm surprised they would have to close the rapids to access Wicker Man, they built it while keeping the rapids open by closing the path between Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon.

The closures weren't/ aren't related. An active effort was being made to open the Rapids yesterday (it was even filled at one point and then drained again) whereas Wicker Man was clearly dead.

I feel like I'm one of the only people that wants the Wicker Man pre-show to come back. Operations would be fine with it and it's quite a good quality pre-show, I'm confused at why there's so many people not wanting it back!

I feel like I'm one of the only people that wants the Wicker Man pre-show to come back. Operations would be fine with it and it's quite a good quality pre-show, I'm confused at why there's so many people not wanting it back!

I think the queue after the pre-show should have been a tiny bit longer and the room with the show a little bigger so you didn't need to squash in so much. But as you say, operations are fine as it is so there is no reason for it not to return/ But realistically I expect it might be next season.

I want to see it back :), it’s part of the experience of the attraction.
I hope it comes back too, as it adds to the overall experience and is very re-watchable. Hopefully it will return next season. :)

I do/did like the Wicker Man pre-show, and I hope it comes back, but I wouldn’t be distraught if the park ultimately did decide to scrap it. I do. I do very much like it as a feature, and it does add to the immersion, but I still think the attraction is just as strong without it, and the room with just the flickering ram’s head still has a real ambience about it!

I will say, however, that if it does come back, I hope they redesign the room somewhat. I seem to remember getting out of it being quite tight, and the batching was made a bit confusing due to the way it was laid out.

Also, let me just say that the pre-show not being on has had no effect on the other theming on the ride working; last time I rode, there was more smoke around it than I think I’ve ever seen, with all the tunnels being full of smoke, the fire was on, and the ending worked perfectly as well! So there’s no sign that Towers is giving up on maintaining the theming by any means!

I think the pre-show will return just not in the same way it started. I can see them filling it with a cattlepen queue and being played on loop. The room was too squashed and dark. It scared the kids and made people uncomfortable. I personally could never see the way out of the room and did bump into people several times upon entering and existing the room. It is part of the experience and it should be included just not in the way it was before the pandemic.

I think the pre-show will return just not in the same way it started. I can see them filling it with a cattlepen queue and being played on loop. The room was too squashed and dark. It scared the kids and made people uncomfortable. I personally could never see the way out of the room and did bump into people several times upon entering and existing the room. It is part of the experience and it should be included just not in the way it was before the pandemic.
That's exactly how it should be done imo

That's exactly how it should be done imo
Personally I think it's a compromise. I don't think people are going to want to be that squished together for a while and the pre-show is short enough that even walking through the queue you should see most of it. I just hope they put a few more lights in if it's going to have a cattlepen in because you need to actually be able to see where you are going.

I think a good solution for Wicker Man’s pre-show would be to have it be like Cobra’s Curse’s at Busch Gardens Tampa:

On Cobra’s Curse, you still queue through the room, like you currently do on Wicker Man, but the pre-show plays on a loop in there every couple of minutes with all its associated lighting effects. CC even has similar projection mapping to Wicker Man, so I can imagine it working! This way, the pre-show would be kept for those who want it, but those who don’t want it don’t necessarily have to sit through it.