• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Will we ever see other 'Merlin Brands' at Alton Towers?

I'm pretty sure that there's a sign in the Towers that says that one of the larger ground floor rooms was once the home of waxwork models. I don't know if it's in one of the rooms where the Terror of the Towers takes place, but I guess that even if the room does get used at Scarefest that it could be a small waxwork museum for the rest of the year as the models and whatnot could be moved into storage in one of the other areas of the Towers, etc...

A dungeons attraction could take place in one of the unused buildings on and behind Cloud Cukoo Land, unless they have plans to make use of the area behind the Towers in the near future (as Merlin Studios is apparently moving out into a barn down the road :p ) and work much like Hex does where you go in through the Towers but everything significant takes place off-site.

I'd still rather they kept the money for the existing rides and attractions.

I'd hate to see any further Merlin-branded attractions added inside the park. It completely kills the immersion and is unnecessary.

On the other hand, like many in this thread, I think they would be a good addition if they were by the hotels, as part of a wider Downtown Disney concept. However, I'm skeptical as to how popular an area like that would be, given how quiet Extraordinary Golf often is. It's something that I imagine would only become popular over a long period of time as people become more aware of it.

I could see a Blue Sky Cellar-esque centre opening up to display and promote Merlin's attraction empire possibly.

It does appear integration is becoming more apparent as of late, especially with the Dungeon at Warwick, and the Dungeon exhibit in the Waxworks / Waxwork exhibit in the Tower both at Blackpool.

Regarding a Dungeons at Towers, either on park or on resort, it's more of a question of 'when?' rather than 'if'.