• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Will you be visiting Alton Towers before The Smiler opens?

Will you be visiting Alton Towers before The Smiler opens?

• No, I'm going on another date regardless of The Smiler being open

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • No, I'll wait till The Smiler

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Yes, I've already been once this season

Votes: 19 41.3%

• Total voters

Thomas

TS Member
So, just a quick survey to see who's been, who's holding off and if so when are you going?

I've yet to make it back to Alton Towers this year, but I have Easter sunday off so may go then! Oh and for The Smiler as well!

:twirly:

Already been twice this season, as it happens :p
THEN I was going to wait for the Smiler, but with delay after delay, that plan may go out of the window as soon as the weather improves - I've been advising friends without annual passes etc. to hold off until May/June, but since I *have* a pass, and live less than an hour from the resort, it's not a big deal - I'm definitely not REFUSING to return until Smiler's up and running :)

I've already been but I reckon my next visit will be when the Smiler opens. I live too far away :p

Erm I've already been 4 days since opening day, and I plan to go many more before The Smiler opens! I'm also determined to try and be there the day they put in the last piece of track! So yeah! :p

Already been twice this year (Feb half term and opening day) and intend to go again at least once before The Smiler. 2 months is too long to go without a visit ;)

I've been 6 times from the start of season (with feb half term) with a few hotel stays aswell :)

Been 3 times this season and have at least one more trip before The Smiler planned :D

Im up in 3 weeks, then again 3 weeks after that, and then probably again shortly after to go on the Smiler, oh, was up opening day too!

I can't answer as I'm waiting for the SUN tickets to come through haha. I've picked A* though, so hopefully.

I have been a couple of times already this season, and its almost certain ill be visiting again before May, espeically as I have a MAP (and of course I need to get lots of updates for TowersStreet).

Damn right! Heading up to the park again this weekend, and sure I'll be there a bit more before that thing opens :)

Roger Ramrod said:
Yes (obviously) but crucially, I definitely wouldn't if I wasn't an enthusiast.

That is a very good point. If say you only go to Towers once or twice each year, you're not going to go until after The Smiler has opened really (unless you are going with kids for the family/kids rides of course). My brother is wanting to go this year and I've told him to make sure he waits until The Smiler is open. He'll probably only go once so going before it opens would be a little silly. I suppose that's the unfortunate reality of the delay.

:)

The park could really do with majorly pushing the "come back for £1" deal in advertising everywhere. Hell, they could make light of the situation and actually have a quirky advert with "builders" doing something...

I think recognising the delayed nature openly and jokingly could really help push pre-Smiler attendance with that deal.