• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

World's Plaza (Planet Coaster)

Burbs

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Iron Gwazi
One of the positives of lockdown is that you have an excuse to get stuck in with some of life's less-important things, so I decided to relaunch Planet Coaster with a brand new theme park: World's Plaza!

I decided to leave Avonturenpark Hellenburbs for the time being and start on something new, as the last park I made was also my first, and you can really see the inconsistencies in build quality (build QUALITY!) throughout, hence deciding to start afresh.

I've just completed the first themed area and main street: Bavaria, inspired by the Berlin area of Phantasialand. Considering it's becoming ever more impossible these days to host pictures online, I've resorted to making videos as an alternative. Here's a quick overview of the area.

The rides in the area are:
  • Light Line: Bavaria - An underground Metro transit system
  • Bayerischer Wellenflieger - A waveswinger
  • Maus Haus - An indoor family-thrill coaster
There's a welcome show on the plaza featuring fireworks, pyrotechnics and water effects before the park opens every morning.

And here's a POV of Maus Haus:

I hope you guys like it! I'll post the next area when it's complete, but who knows when that will be!

Burbs

:)

Last edited:
Wow; great stuff @Burbs! By coincidence, I myself have also been working on a World-themed park over the last month or so, and I've completed an entrance area and 4 countries, but I think your park so far puts my efforts to shame somewhat!

I look forward to your next country!

Wow; great stuff @Burbs! By coincidence, I myself have also been working on a World-themed park over the last month or so, and I've completed an entrance area and 4 countries, but I think your park so far puts my efforts to shame somewhat!

I look forward to your next country!
Thanks! Do share, always good to see what other folks are doing. I'm not doing countries necessarily, just a mish mash of different themes. My next area is going to be cars-themed I think to make use of the F25 model. :)

Thanks! Do share, always good to see what other folks are doing. I'm not doing countries necessarily, just a mish mash of different themes. My next area is going to be cars-themed I think to make use of the F25 model. :)
Ooh, so a B&M Hulk-style launch coaster! I look forward to it!

If you wish, I might post what I've done so far, but I struggled to get good shots of my areas when I tried last time. I might attempt it again now you've said it, though.

I'm also a tad worried about uploading videos of things, as I've used the Islands of Adventure Port of Entry music for my entrance, as well as the Planet Coaster country music tracks for each area. I mainly put them in for my own enjoyment and didn't really think about putting the park online when I first started building; I don't really want to get into trouble for copyright... do you think YouTube would have a problem with this?

Last edited:
Ooh, so a B&M Hulk-style launch coaster! I look forward to it!

If you wish, I might post what I've done so far, but I struggled to get good shots of my areas when I tried last time. I might attempt it again now you've said it, though.
Yeah have a go, doesn't have to be the best shots in the world, just gives an idea. And to go back to your earlier comment, it's not about being put to shame, I mean look at my first park! And this is by no means perfect if you look at some of the absolutely incredible creations on the PlanCo Facebook group.

I look forward to seeing your park. :)

I must ask you @Burbs; how does one go about filming videos in Planet Coaster? I've never done it before, so I'm not really sure where to begin. I'm currently in the process of taking a few screenshots, but I thought it might be nice if I filmed a few POVs and off-ride shots of the tracked rides at the park, which I think are better to get a feel for through a POV.

I use the Xbox screen recorder thing that came pre-loaded on my laptop to film my screen, then I edit it together.

Do drop me a PM if you want to chat about this further though, so as to not clog up the thread. :)

Hello! Back with an update after a month and numerous computer crashes... but I finally got there with finishing the next themed area: Auto-Land! Believe it or not, it's a land themed to cars, situated right next to Bavaria and with an alpine-esque hill/mountain setting.

An overview of the area:

The rides and attractions in the area are:
  • Car Studio - A small walk through attraction (think Aladdin's Back Passage) with scenes of vehicles from films
  • Autobahn - Go karts
  • Petrol Head - Petrol-powered car ride similar to Silverstone Piste
  • Test Drive - A B&M inverting mega coaster
  • Tyre Swing - A Zamperla Giant Discovery
Here are some POVs for you:

It turned out a lot better than I was expecting and really like the area now, whereas I wasn't sure about the theme at first. I'm looking forward to building the next land with a really ambitious project in mind!

Tom :)

Looking good! I’m especially liking the idea of having walkthrough exhibit style attractions. Certainly helps break up the rides and makes it feel more like a real park.

Liking the smoke effect on the coaster dispatch. Maybe some fire effects would really help set it off!

Looking really nice @Burbs; loving the layout of that coaster in particular! Very original, and I too like the smoke effect!

I can’t wait to see what you do next! Which reminds me; I’ve got my own park to work on that you guys haven’t had an update on for some time...

Hello again my darlings; it's been a while, hasn't it!

The 3rd themed area in World's Plaza has been a work in progress since mid June, and that's not to say it's exceptionally high quality as a result, rather I just ended up taking a break while real theme parks somehow happened during the summer! Anyway, with a bit of motivation I finally got back around to finishing off the area, and as always, here's an overview:

The 4 attractions in this area are:
  • Witch's Spell - A Go Jetters-esque roundabout ride
  • The BEASTIE - A Zierer Force family coaster on the hillside
  • Gears of Fear - An intense flat ride that isn't too far removed from a HUSS Top Spin
  • Haunted Hall - A large trackless dark ride with 3 different available routes

I'm most happy with how the lighting turned out in the night time state, and a few of the rooms in the dark ride, such as the ballroom scene and boat-painting room. The next area is about to be underway, but if any of you have any ideas or suggestions for the development of the park, do let me know!

Really nice dark ride. I don't think I've actually seen someone in game use the trackless ride system in groups like that before. Nice to see the ride types used to its full advantage.
I guess all the effects are TMTK items.

Thanks Tim! Yes most people seem to use it as an omnimover alternative and there's only a couple I've found where multiple tracks share some of the same rooms. I also don't recommend building one unless you've got a lot of time on your hands as just making sure each track is the same length and meets up where it should is tiresome.
I guess all the effects are TMTK items.
They are indeed, mostly from the PIX collection. :)

I also don't recommend building one unless you've got a lot of time on your hands...
Woops, too late.
I did have a cool idea using the ride system where both vehicles appear on opposite sides of a mirror and at first act like a reflection. I discovered though that the game tries to mimic real life by putting slight variances in each cycle. The further through the ride the less they synced up.
Still I'd love to attempt something like this but I never seem to have the time.

I need to check out those effects. I've avoided TMTK items so far because I heard having the system on (even without using it) can really slow the game down.

I need to check out those effects. I've avoided TMTK items so far because I heard having the system on (even without using it) can really slow the game down.
I believe it used to but in more recent updates this got fixed, and there was a particular issue with it taking forever to load the game up. I've been using TMTK items for a while now and not had any issues.

Reactions: Tim
I've spent the last couple of weeks working on the next area in World's Plaza, which I managed to complete yesterday: The Beach! Inspired by a beach party and tropical island, this is a bit of a "theming-lite" area and will serve as a bit of a central hub to the park.

The 4 attractions in the area are:
  • Parasols - A paratrooper ride
  • Magical Island Tours - A boat ride with a large dark ride section, inspired by Merlin's Quest at Toverland
  • Discoaster - A disco-themed Vekoma Boomerang
  • Surf Rider - A Premier Rides launch coaster

Surf Rider is the first coaster I've built in the game using the 4m smoothing method, and I'm really glad with how smooth the ride turned out! The next area I want to build in the game is, at the moment, going to be Chinese themed, with an RMC T-Rex and a rapids as headline attractions.