• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Worlds worst theme parks

I know it's been mentioned, but Flamingo Land really is dire! Right from the rusty fairground chair swing through to the 2, 4-person, car operation on mumbo jumbo. I've never felt such a desire to leave somewhere that I've paid so much to get into!

The worst park I've been to was Pleasurewood Hills. I used to go as a child, probably late 80's early 90's when it was attached to Gunton Hall holiday park, and it was a lovely little place with not a lot of big thrills but plenty of charm and things to do.

I went again a few years ago and it was a dirty dive with pretty much no redeeming features. Just run down old toot. In fairness it may well have improved since as I guess that was around 2005 and my judgement was clouded by such fond memories. Anyone been recently can say if it has got better?

It has got better, I have not been in a park that was so clean since visiting Orlando. It was spotless. No graffiti or gum stuck to everything.

There are still areas they could improve on but it was a good visit.

Camelot.

It may not seem that bad to most, but compared to what it was like back when I was a child, the place has been left to rot.

This seems to have turned into the "Have a go at a UK park you don't like" thread. Whilst some UK parks aren't necessarily that great, they're nowhere near the worst in the world. Fantazyland makes Flamingoland look like IOA.

CGM said:
This seems to have turned into the "Have a go at a UK park you don't like" thread. Whilst some UK parks aren't necessarily that great, they're nowhere near the worst in the world. Fantazyland makes Flamingoland look like IOA.

The parks of which country do you think the members this UK based forum will have visited most? I could tell you some Latvian park is a hell hole from looking at some pictures, but most people will think of something they have experienced. You been to Fantazyland then?

I haven't been to Fantazyland and I don't really think I want to go. Yes, I have judged a park without going there but I highly doubt that it has some magical atmosphere that salvages it. If anything, I reckon going there would only make it worse.

My point is that this could be an interesting and entertaining thread looking at some of the world's most dilapidated and neglected theme parks without the prerequisite of having visited the park. But most posts have just been people venting about a recent bad experience at a UK park.

Basically, the thread to me sounded really interesting and I was slightly let down by the majority of the content as it seems that most people have interpreted it differently to me.

Re: Re: Worlds worst theme parks

CGM said:
My point is that this could be an interesting and entertaining thread looking at some of the world's most dilapidated and neglected theme parks without the prerequisite of having visited the park. But most posts have just been people venting about a recent bad experience at a UK park.

Basically, the thread to me sounded really interesting and I was slightly let down by the majority of the content as it seems that most people have interpreted it differently to me.

I'm not quite sure I follow. Could you please provide us with a example of a park you'd discuss in this topic? :)

As for content being reinterpreted by different members, sadly that can't be avoided, much like the opinions of parks being on a scale of hate-love and terrible-excellent experience.

And the UK being a focus? Can't help it as most of the forum have limited experience of international parks but as you say, we're also focusing on parks we've never been to and giving pre-judgement over.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

I've also been to Rainbow's End and I personally enjoyed my day there - it may not have the most amazing rides but their drop tower was probably my favourite :)

I can't really think of a park I've visited that I haven't liked but there are ones I've loved more than others.

I think calling it a theme park would be stretching it a bit, but I've thought of a worse one I've visited - Sega World, which was in London Trocadero Centre some time in the 90's.

They marketed it like a theme park, but the rides were all simulator type things and were positivity awful. There was also a drop tower of some sort that was OK I guess. It was a dirty dingy joyless place that deserved to not last long.

tumblr_l1bhdnrIRP1qaiyl9o1_1280.jpg

Top of my 'bucket list' tbh