• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Would the world be a safer place if Hitler had won the war?

BigT

TS Member
I had an interesting conversation the other night with a work partner and discussed whether the world would be a safer place now if Hitler would have won the war.

Personally I think it would because most of the troubles at the moment centre on Israel and thier supposed occupation of Arab land, but I'm sure there will be others that disagree with this!

I'd just like to point out I don't agree with what Hilter stood for and his methods before I get slated as some kind of nazi sympathiser.

"Would the world be a safer place if Hitler had won the war?"

No. :)

No it wouldn't. We'd be living in a world were everyone is brainwashed to believe that Jews, Gays, Blacks and other Religions/Races/Ethnic Minorities are viewed as "Evil"

Oh my god this topic is amazing.

Coming up next week... 'Josef Fritzl: maybe they liked it down there...?'

Absolutely not. In my view, the world would be a very dangerous place to live in if Hitler had won WW2.

BigT's got a good point here. I mean, if we ignore the Aryan policies, xenophobia and mass extermination, then clearly we can see Hitler liked dogs and that's a wonderfully sympathetic thing to behold. And everybody in their right mind likes dogs, so therefore Hitler isn't all that bad!

:)

Just re-read your original post more carefully. The only logical analysis I can make of your argument is that it would have been good if Hitler had succeeded in exterminating all the Jews, because then there wouldn't have been any left to create Israel, and persecute Palestinians. Excuse me if I've got the wrong end of the stick, but that's the only way your post makes sense to me. :-\

Well I suppose you could say Hitler was trying to eliminate racism. I mean, if he succeeded, there wouldn't be anyone to be racist to, right? Right?

Rowe said:
BigT's got a good point here. I mean, if we ignore the Aryan policies, xenophobia and mass extermination, then clearly we can see Hitler liked dogs and that's a wonderfully sympathetic thing to behold. And everybody in their right mind likes dogs, so therefore Hitler isn't all that bad!

:)

I haven't even read the first post, I don't think I need to - the subject question was easy enough to answer without doing so lol!!

BUT, we do have much to think Hitler for.

Yes, I'm serious.

The fact he ploughed so much time/energy and finance into the space programs for example, and advanced technology - without which, so much of our modern technological advancements (not all of them good, obviously) would not have existed!

The scientists taken into Russia/USA by way of Project Paperclip et al, is the reason we have anything in space at all now - which is how we have GPS, Mobile Phones, etc etc. Without the Moon landings, none of this would exist - and without the likes of Wernher Von Braun none of this would have happened, or if so, far far later!!

The US rocket program was a farce up until that point - the Nazi's were so far ahead it's ridiculous - and with a Nation focused unlike any other, on a single goal to be the most powerful, and unified in the fashion it was, with typical almost robot like German efficiency - what else did you expect?

Hitler, we all know (well I would hope) what we think of that man. I'm not here either to discuss the question, but I felt it was time to add another perspective/dimension that most probably will know, but some may not.

So next time your Sat-Nav tries to drive you across a field - you can officially thank the Nazi's.

For all I cannot stand the man for all the obvious reasons, I also find his obsession with the occult and search for items such as the Holy Grail fascinating.

A strange time in history indeed.

(Incidentally, a very good friend of mine, has family who had to hide out in the forest for a number of years to escape the Nazi's. A film was made of their journey and trials, absolutely incredible that they survived and what they went through).

WWII bought much to light which so few actually bother to research and look into, it was an horrendous time, but we should now look for the things that came from this time that have actually moved our race on. If we did this more, we may even live a more peaceful existence on a planetary level.

TheMan said:
(Incidentally, a very good friend of mine, has family who had to hide out in the forest for a number of years to escape the Nazi's. A film was made of their journey and trials, absolutely incredible that they survived and what they went through).

Excuse me for saying so, but the people you know seem to have collectively been through every kind of experience in the entirety of human history.

Sam said:
TheMan said:

Excuse me for saying so, but the people you know seem to have collectively been through every kind of experience in the entirety of human history.
I think his great uncle was the head architect of the Great Pyramid. :p

Dar said:
Where the hell does this leave Godwin's law?
This is sort of like the first post-modern Hitler argument. I suppose it renders this useless.
hitlercard2.jpg

TheMan - I think it kind of goes without saying that there were some technological advances by Nazi Germany, just like those created by the fascist Roman empire or any form of human civilisation throughout history.

But as for the answer to would the world be safer? No, it absolutely wouldn't and its a ridiculous notion. However it's definitely worth noting that there are many horrendous Nazi-like regimes in the world today which people easily forget. The fight against ultra-right facist racist nationalist ideology continues.

No. The reality is that if they'd won the war, Hitler's regime was so ludicrous that it'd have been difficult to survive a decent life. Besides, the only way he'd have won it would've been through nuclear weapons so there'd be mass fallout anyway.

I think all the jokes in this topic have hidden how absolutely abhorrent it is.

What would a Jewish person reading this forum think?!

To be honest, I think it's a natural reaction to laugh it off. It's why people make jokes about horrific things - to help cope with how terrible they are. I think the ridicule fits perfectly with such a ridiculous question.