• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Would you like to see Alton Towers release a CD of its music?

Would you like to see Alton release a CD?

• Yes

Votes: 40 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Slightly off topic and very controversial but if this was to happen I'd go one step further and have IMAScore re-master the scores for other rides; such as Nemesis, Hex and Oblivion. and yes I'm suggesting that these re-mastered soundtracks should replace the originals in the park.

I love the original music but from what I hear the versions currently being used are copies of copies (some of which the park lost and had to download from the very sites which were later told to remove their copies). Just think of how much more impressive these soundtracks would be if they were the same quality as the newer tracks. And if IMAScore where the ones to do it there wouldn't even be an issue with them bundling all the tracks on one CD and we'd finally have a definitive Alton Towers collection.

Interestingly snippets of the Oblivion, Nemesis, Air and 13's soundtrack have been remastered by IMAScore. These are used in the RCR video.

Therefore, it shouldn't be too far for reality to see something like this in the future.

Reactions: Tim
I think @DiogoJ42 's point stands about enthusiasts being the main (and only) market, but it gives them money which I'm personally pretty happy to do.
Having listened to the Thorpe Park album preview, I can understand why this is in demand. The port and basecamp and Lost city parts were excellent and at the present moment, feel a little too good for the areas they play in. I wouldn't trust a random composer to live up to Graham Smart if I wanted new music for new attractions at Towers. These folks are great at what they do, so I trust them.

Seeing as they just got the guy who designed the Stranger Things poster to do the Wickerman poster, how about a beautiful double record of retro Alton Towers music, kinda like this? That'd be a cool thing to have.
51i30DBB9PL.jpg

No more IMAScore please. As much as I like their music, you can have too much of the same thing. They're in just about every park and it's time for a change. Variety is the spice of life.

Apart from The Smiler, their music is all too samey, and there's so much talent out there in the music world that I would like to hear some new ideas.

No more IMAScore please. As much as I like their music, you can have too much of the same thing. They're in just about every park and it's time for a change. Variety is the spice of life.

Apart from The Smiler, their music is all too samey, and there's so much talent out there in the music world that I would like to hear some new ideas.
Did you not read this TS interview with IMAscore?
https://towersstreet.com/talk/threads/towersstreet-interviews-imascores-andreas-kuebler.4641/

Yeah I have. Like I said, I like IMAScore's music, I just don't want it in my face everywhere constantly.