• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (and tst) When....

When you get into the park on your schools annual trip to alton towers and everyone who knows me says "Andrew you know Alton towers how do you get to..." And I could tell them exactly without thinking about it. :oops:

You know your addicted to Alton towers When this happens:

Your at school, in maths, and one person was on the school trip to towers the on Saturday, and says what rides they went on. When they get round to oblivion, they say this "we had just left the station, and the person sat on the ends' restraints came up." Accidentally, automatically, I started explaining oblivion safety protocols. Suddenly, I realized that everyone was staring at me with a blank expression, and that, instantly, everyone in there knew I was addicted to Alton towers. I was then subject to questions such as "how big is the park" "how many rides could I name (34)" "how many times does smiler turn". Then someone asked me where corkscrew was (they thought the site of the smiler) and I correct them. Then the person sat behind me said that corkscrew closed because someone died on it. This is VERY annoying, and I told them that no one has died at Alton towers. Then i was asked the train Capacity for all the rollercoasters. Now they all know that I am an enthusiast, and know a lot about "the world's saddest thing".

Just spent the last few days avoiding everyone in that class, to avoid "the th13teen girl of the advert is the person who died on corkscrew" "Leah knows everything about Alton towers" "that's the most she's ever talked"

So, got to put up with this next week... Lord of darkness impression???
Follow up from this:
So, this week was a week on from this, and I was in this class again. Someone said to me "ok, so I know you probably do, but Leah, have you heard that Alton towers is haunted?" Begin long and pointless discussion. "The person who died on corkscrew is the ghost that haunts Alton towers"
"I wouldn't go there, it's not safe"
"Is the smiler open yet?"
"Have you ever been on air? My restraints came of once on the lift hill and I had to hold on the whole way round"

By the end of the lesson...
:banghead:

Follow up from this:
So, this week was a week on from this, and I was in this class again. Someone said to me "ok, so I know you probably do, but Leah, have you heard that Alton towers is haunted?" Begin long and pointless discussion. "The person who died on corkscrew is the ghost that haunts Alton towers"
"I wouldn't go there, it's not safe"
"Is the smiler open yet?"
"Have you ever been on air? My restraints came of once on the lift hill and I had to hold on the whole way round"

By the end of the lesson...
:banghead:
Sounds like the whole 7 hour bus journey from our school. People telling me how someone broke their arm on oblivion because they hit the edge of the hole. And that you can't put your hinds up on Rita for the same reason. :rolleyes:

I always pick up a map and then never look at it then say I won't pick up a map next time and still do :rolleyes:
I usually pick a normal park one up and then one for scarefest and the fireworks as well. Just to add to my collection :D

I look at them when I'm in the queues. Just to see things like blade not being on there. Also to just look at at home, so I can imagine being there. Wow... I've just realised how addicted I am.

I hate it when people lie about the rides going wrong. "I hit my leg of the floor when I was on nemesis" "13 stoped half was down the drop for an hour" "my restraints came of on oblivion"

A message to people who say this...
Get a life

Sometimes I play the confused map game. It quite simple, see two or three people looking confused studying a map. Stand off to the side so they dont see you, Get the map out and wait for one to say their want to go.
Then walk into their view as you turn your map around and around, before saying sod it screw it up and head off in the direction they need to go.
100 point if they follow you. :D

Sometimes I play the confused map game. It quite simple, see two or three people looking confused studying a map. Stand off to the side so they dont see you, Get the map out and wait for one to say their want to go.
Then walk into their view as you turn your map around and around, before saying sod it screw it up and head off in the direction they need to go.
100 point if they follow you. :D
I'm sometimes a bit naughty if I overhear lost peoples conversations. Say they're looking for nemesis and we're near towers street I'll loudly say to the person I'm next to ooh let's do nemesis first and point to the x-sector :D

I am a bit jealous of the people who have to use maps,
the excitement of being some where new,
the thrill of experiencing things for the first time,
The Alton Towers Magic

Now on park everything is just same same same, no more magic, just the thrill of the rides.:(

What about when your in the blade queue and the people in front of you say their waiting for nemesis.

You wonder weather or not to say anything.

I am a bit jealous of the people who have to use maps,
the excitement of being some where new,
the thrill of experiencing things for the first time,
The Alton Towers Magic

Now on park everything is just same same same, no more magic, just the thrill of the rides.:(
Really, your jealous of the people who pay £50, turn up late, try to get round the park with pushchair, go straight for spinball, pay £90 for fastracks...

I could keep going for ages...

But yes, I know what you mean. This is why I can't wait for sw8

I just want the Alton Towers Magic back,:disrelieved: but I guess thats the thing with addiction, you just need more more more to get the same thrill.

Also overherd someone today totalling about Alton towers. They were talking about "that ride that goes up about 300 meters slowly then drops down into that big hole."

Yeah 300 metres - 280 then they're right. The big one's 65 metres and stealths 62. Oblivions a baby compared to them, but I still think the old ones are the best :)

@Leah I know. Oblivions only 20metres night. AT have very strict regulations on how high they can construct