• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (and tst) When....

Amy_D said:
Ok...on the advice of Pixie-Ro...

You know you're addicted to Alton Towers when... you have a theme park-themed wedding!

All the tables at my wedding were named after parks my husband and I had either visited or were planning on visiting on our honeymoon. And a friend who's a graphic designer made us a theme park map for a table plan.

u87WmtX.jpg

I don't know if that link will work!

If it doesn't let me know and I'll try again :)

Thanks Pixie-Ro for your encouragement :-[

Is it wrong though that my least favourite people would be on the Drayton Manor table? :-[

Pixie-Ro said:
Amy_D said:

You know you're addicted to Alton Towers when... you have a theme park-themed wedding!

All the tables at my wedding were named after parks my husband and I had either visited or were planning on visiting on our honeymoon. And a friend who's a graphic designer made us a theme park map for a table plan.

u87WmtX.jpg

Is it wrong though that my least favourite people would be on the Drayton Manor table? :-[

Haha no! That's not wrong! I wouldn't have included it if we hadn't been there :)

Thanks all for your comments! I can't believe people like it that much!

Very happy girl here :D

josht said:
When you book a days holiday for the smiler opening day :)

Yep I've done that too :D but I have to book holiday 4 weeks in advance, so had to blag my boss. Luckily he was in a good mood!

When you manage to word the names of a few Alton Towers attractions into your exam answers, and almost do a question purely on the basis that the word 'Katanga' is mentioned... :p

You start to wonder if you'll notice a difference in how you "fit" in rides after losing nearly a stone. And are tempted to start a thread about it ahead of your upcoming visit next month...

Jonathan said:
When you think that the new Peugeot advert has ITHOTMK in the intro. :p
So glad I'm not the only one who thought this... It's the first three or four notes that do it!

You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers and have a disabled child when, you tell parents of disabled kids. what the red wrist band system is and what they need to get one and where to get it from.

Amy_D said:

u87WmtX.jpg

We did something similar at our wedding 8 years ago except all the tables were named after AT rides. At the time AT made a pack of little chocolates for all their big rides (Nemesis, Oblivion, Air, Spinball, Rita to name a few). We brought enough packs so everyone at the wedding got a choc of the ride that was allocated to their table & the centre piece of each table was an onride photo of us on that ride & on the back a list of facts about the ride.

I guess that when I realised I was addicted to AT. My wife on the other hand isn't really a theme park fan & I still don't know how I got away with it!

When you head to the shout box as soon as you hear ITHOTMK on a TV advert and make it out to be a huge miracle!

you are know as the go to guy for information and hints and tips on visiting Alton Towers by everyone one at work.

delta79 said:
you are know as the go to guy for information and hints and tips on visiting Alton Towers by everyone one at work.

I get that all the time.

Cheeky double post :p

When you and fellow TSTer are in Sealife and have a geek fit when you hear Air music playing by the Ray tank.

Russ said:

When you and fellow TSTer are in Sealife and have a geek fit when you hear Air music playing by the Ray tank.

Me and Sam were in the Chessie Sealife a few weeks back and near the main tank they were playing the Nemesis Inferno station audio!

djtruefitt said:
Russ said:

Me and Sam were in the Chessie Sealife a few weeks back and near the main tank they were playing the Nemesis Inferno station audio!

That's always been there the Jungle part of Sealife - tbh I despise that music on Nemesis Inferno. Merlin love recycling their audio :p

Lottie. said:
djtruefitt said:
Russ said:

That's always been there the Jungle part of Sealife - tbh I despise that music on Nemesis Inferno. Merlin love recycling their audio :p

Recycling audio is a great way to save cash, So stop up selling things Merlin.

Russ said:
Lottie. said:
djtruefitt said:
Russ said:

Recycling audio is a great way to save cash, So stop up selling things Merlin.

Merlin do love to recycle audio, there is also Mutiny Bay music at the Legoland pirate ship. And Flume music on Depth charge at Thorpe Park.

Not strictly to do with AT but when you see this and think it's the most incongruous name for an industrial estate :p

vy2evy7y.jpg