• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Your airport count

Since I last did this, I’ve added one and also realised that I forgot two that I went to as a young child! (Added in bold, previously forgotten in italics)
  1. Bristol Airport (BRS, UK)
  2. Jersey Airport (JER, Jersey/Channel Islands)
  3. Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden Airport (FKB, Germany)
  4. London Gatwick Airport (LGW, UK)
  5. London Heathrow Airport (LHR, UK)
  6. London Stansted Airport (STN, UK)
  7. Manchester Airport (MAN, UK)
  8. Orlando Internationak Airport (MCO, USA)

I find it interesting you've flown from/to five different UK airports, but only to/from three non-UK, therefore its fairly easy to assume you've been to Orlando multiple times, which given the context of this forum, does seem likely.

I think Gatwick and Orlando are my most visited airports too, most of the Orlando trips used to involve a visit to Gatwick and a majority of my European trips have too.

I find it interesting you've flown from/to five different UK airports, but only to/from three non-UK, therefore its fairly easy to assume you've been to Orlando multiple times, which given the context of this forum, does seem likely.

I think Gatwick and Orlando are my most visited airports too, most of the Orlando trips used to involve a visit to Gatwick and a majority of my European trips have too.
That is correct. I’ve been to Orlando 5 times in total, so MCO is my most visited airport.

I’ve actually flown to Orlando from 3 different UK airports. The first twice we went there, in August 2012 and August 2014, we flew from London Gatwick. The 3rd and 4th times we went there, in August 2016 and April 2019, we flew from Manchester. The 5th time we went there, in June 2023, we flew from London Heathrow due to it being far nearer than Manchester or Gatwick and Virgin having changed their London base from Gatwick to Heathrow during COVID.

Going to jump in on this one.

Luton
East midlands
Birmingham
Fuerteventura
Sharm el sheikh
Kittila
Katowice
Krakow
Reus
Alicante
Dublin
Gran Canaria
Istanbul
Paphos

Hopefully add some more to the list next year 😁

My list is longer than I expected, mostly in Western Europe though, trips further afield have been few and far between.

UK/Ireland
Bristol
Birmingham
London LHR
London LGW
London Luton
London Stansted
Glasgow
Cork
[I have also been to Plymouth airport but never flew in/out so I guess it doesn't count]

Europe
Paris - CDG (first ever flight, to EuroDisney as it was then)
Nice
Marseille
Aix-en-Provence Aerodrome (private flight with a lovely trainee pilot during my Year Abroad)
Toulouse
Barcelona
Madrid
Lisbon
Venice - Marco Polo
"Venice" - Treviso (worst airport on this list!)
Milan - Malpensa
Milan - Linate
Bergamo - Orio al Serio (Ryanair's "Milan") but also my mum's home town for several years.
Bologna
Florence
Rome
Naples
Zurich
Salzburg (with norovirus, not recommended!)
Split (plane did a 180 on the runway, nearly died...)
Budapest

Elsewhere
Moscow
Krasnodar, South Russia
San Jose, Costa Rica

What happened there?
No idea, just a really shoddy landing (which had been aborted once already) and I guess it hadn't slowed down enough by the time it got near the end of the runway so it swerved suddenly and did a full U-turn before it came to a proper stop.

OK so I don't think we were ever really in serious danger but the way my father-in-law was telling it to the bar staff that evening you'd have thought it was Con Air or some other hammed up disaster movie!

RAF Cranwell
Manchester
Stansted
Heathrow
Eindhoven
Krakow
Frankfurt
Madrid
To add since

Billund
Luton
Reus