As we reported back in November 2015, it has today been confirmed that the following rides will be closed for the start of the 2016 season:
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Driving School
- Nemesis Sub-Terra
- Wobble World
- The Flume (previously announced)
- Ripsaw (previously announced)
At present there is no information as to why the five attractions announced today have been closed, and it is uncertain as to whether any detail will be released or whether the rides will reopen part-way through the season. The official Alton Towers Resort website states on the ride pages that the rides are unavailable “while we sprinkle some Towers Loving Care across the park”.
Food Outlet Availability
- Forest Feast (Dark Forest)
- Mexican Cantina (Mutiny Bay)
- Ben & Jerry’s (Mutiny Bay)
- Courtyard BBQ (Mutiny Bay)
- [email protected] (Forbidden Valley)
- WobbleWorld Cafe (Cloud Cuckoo Land)
Though [email protected] has departed, a new coffee shop is due to open in Forbidden Valley within the former Fish & Chips building. The new outlet will serve Starbucks branded coffee and will see a new use for the building damaged by fire in the 2015 season.