• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

It's not just 'geeks' though who race to ride the ride first... You can bet that 90%+ of people who turn up to season opening will want to ride SW7. If they're there during ERT you can equally guess that they will probably rush to it so that they can get on as near to the front as possible...

It's partly the mentality of wanting to try out something new before others and it's partly the mentality of not wanting to meet a long queue later in the day - so getting there as early as possible to avoid this.

Ben said:
I expect to be shot down for this, but seeing the scarefest opening of mazes and new ride openings I hope the entire of X-Sector is closed until 10am.

I hate the people who arrive at a stupid time to get in line to be first, if there was ever a line to cross at being too geeky this is it. In my eyes being in the way of normal guests, creating a queue where one doesn't exist and damaging park operations in the sake of a selfish title which no-one will ever know is it.
If I were alton Id have staff primed with cattle prods to move people along.

On opening day I will use ERT for exactly that, not stood awkwardly and in the way. Ive missed rides over the closed season, I wont be spending an hour of that waiting for a ride that isnt open. If 13 is anything to go by, come 11am the queue will be well under an hour and waste less of my life.

As one of the people that will be doing this, I have to completely disagree. I don't see how it is too geeky arriving at the park nice and early to get on the ride that you have been looking forward to since it was announced. And how the heck is it damaging park operations? Being in the way of "normal guests"? I bet at least 80% of the people in the entrance plaza entering the park at 9am on opening day will head straight to SW7, are none of these guests "normal"? It is a stupid claim you make I'm afraid. You'll see a queue form outside the entrance of SW7 most days at the start or even during the whole of the 2013 season. Are all these thousands of people that will do this not "normal"? Of course not, it's natural to want to go straight for the new ride.

Even if they close off X-Sector, as they did with Dark Forest when Thirteen opened, there would just be a queue form outside of X-Sector. And it won't just be enthusiasts in that queue.

I've been to two coaster opening days in the UK now; Thirteen and The Swarm. Both times it has actually been a great deal of fun attempting the get to the ride as quickly as possible, and then waiting for it to open. It's exciting and doesn't come around that often. Also, for me at least it is not to "gain a selfish title". I know I'm unlikely to be the first to ride it, I just want to get on it as soon as I can as I'm really looking forward to it. Whether that be the first train or the 100th train of the day, it doesn't matter, I just want to ride it to experience it, not to say I was the first.

:)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmIFy7dGDw

Look at all these "geeks" rushing to get a prime spot in the opening day queue!! ::)

The first open day I went to was sub-terra. I remember getting there around 9:40 and meeting you guys in the queue which was snaking its way past nemmy's helix, pretty sure not every one of those people was a theme park enthusiast!

I was about 9th in the Terry Q. Is that bad?

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Doesnt sound too bad, might try to persuade my Dad to take me! I hope that with Oblivion ERT all the x sector staff will have it all under control! I think they may under estimate the need for the public to ride SW7 (IF we do see any decent marketing!!)

Far too early to predict queue times, there are too many variables that can't be predicted in advance.

Ben said:
I expect to be shot down for this, but seeing the scarefest opening of mazes and new ride openings I hope the entire of X-Sector is closed until 10am.

I hate the people who arrive at a stupid time to get in line to be first, if there was ever a line to cross at being too geeky this is it. In my eyes being in the way of normal guests, creating a queue where one doesn't exist and damaging park operations in the sake of a selfish title which no-one will ever know is it.
If I were alton Id have staff primed with cattle prods to move people along.

On opening day I will use ERT for exactly that, not stood awkwardly and in the way. Ive missed rides over the closed season, I wont be spending an hour of that waiting for a ride that isnt open. If 13 is anything to go by, come 11am the queue will be well under an hour and waste less of my life.

Sorry Ben I might be one of them but I have a valid excuse I will be dropping people off at work. :p

The queue for sw7 will be huge, people will be able to queue from 9am , not just people with ERT OR Passes , this is the first time a new ride has opened where everyone is let through the gates at 9 and bottom of towers street , when sub terra opened last year, it was just people with passes or ert.

Worst thing towers did letting folk without passes get in the park before 10am

Also a shame Rita wont be on ERT , loved it last year before it broke.

Actually last year they had the same routine, regular guests were supposed to be let in after 9:30 but they seemed to just be let in at 9:00 with the ERT guests anyway. The queue for sub-terra last year went all the way back to airs lift hill before it finally opened.

I can see why they do it though. Holding the general public back caused issues with a sudden stampede of people rushing to the rides. The current system works well, but I admit that it has some major downsides as the general public now wait for the rides to open so people on ERT don't get the benefit of being first in the queue for a ride that opens later.

Don't see what the problem is with people without ERT waiting for a ride which isn't open on ERT anyway?

The benefit for ERT is to allow you to ride the rides which are open early for an hour.. not go and queue at a closed one. The benefit stops dead at 10am when the main park, and these rides, open anyway!

I do find that annoying when hotel guests, who are allowed to ride an assortment of rides like Nemesis, Oblivion and Th13teen before 10, and instead they choose to wait outside Air for an hour so they're the first ones on it....

ERT is a privilege , we have to walk to the ride at 9am, 5-15 min to where the ride is, taken out of our exclusive 60 min , normal joe punter gets to the ride for bang on 10.

If we got to the ride for bang on 9, id be happy.

Yeah you go on the rides that are open, but it was also a perk that you could go on those rides and then head over to a ride that is yet to open and be one of the first in that queue. I assume SW7 won't be on ERT and it would be nice to be let on the park earlier so you can wait in the queue before the rest of the park gets let in. I know its not what ERT is intended for, but its a way of avoiding waiting ages to get on a new ride. Im not complaining about it as its something that was almost an unintentional extra with the old system, but it was a nice perk nonetheless. Now the normal guests are let in the same time as you and they won't be able to go on anything, they will head over to the new ride and form a queue meaning that although you go to go on certain rides before them, you will find yourself at the back of the queue for the rides yet to open.

I can see why AT might not want to advertise SW7 as being open for ERT, but I would hope that they'd do everything they can to get it open ASAP on a daily basis.

It's slightly frustrating that as of next year each of the 3 major coasters opening from 9am will be the ones with the shorter queues in their respective areas, diluting the benefit to ERT guests. Getting Air, Rita and SW7 done before 10 would be a much bigger advantage on busy days than Nemesis, Thirteen and Oblivion.

I hope for the 2013 season TH13TEEN's shutter is working again.......

Was working last year. It's been mentioned before in another topic why it sometimes isn't working (it's quite tempormental apparently). It'll usually open with it working.