• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013: General Discussion

djtruefitt

TS Team
This topic is for all general things of 2013 - basicly everything not linked to SW7!

Lets start with the ERT line up for 2013:
- Oblivion
- Nemesis
- Marauder's Mayhem
- Heave Ho!
- Runaway Mine Train
- Hex
- TH13TEEN
- Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE

Which is the same as 2012 (after Rita was removed half way through the year after the cable snapped).

You can also save 1/3 on rooms for the 2013 season by visiting this page.

Bad decision here.......Rita was PERFECT for ERT! Hex and Heave Ho! have no point being in ERT but something like Rita is much better on it.

Rather glad Nemesis and Oblivion are retained, as removing them would have been pointless.

Also it is a good thing Submission shall (hopefully) be operating at full capacity. Whilst I personally dislike the ride, all the rides in X-Sector, and indeed on the rest of the park, need to be operating at full capacity for probably a 'bumper' season!

It remains to be seen if ERT will be offered in exactly the same way in 2013. I'm not talking in terms of rides, but there is still the mysterious claim that ERT was a 'special offer' lasting for a 'limited time only' on the website last season.

There is no mention of ERT being exclusive or limited time only anymore on the website, so im guessing it will return as normal this year. I think it was something they must have thought about or simply a mistake.

I do agree that some of the rides are pointless on ERT, such as Hex, I imagine they barely get any guests on the ride before 10am.

I suppose Hex is something for families with smaller children or those afraid of coasters, to do.

I imagine that the queue times for Oblivion are going to be very large this coming season, what with SW7 sitting right on top of it, so I'm glad that it's available for ERT.

Instead of Hex they could have had Charlie I reckon or even Twirling Toad Stool or 4D! I don't know how popular Mutiny Bay attractions are with ERT but we've had them since 2009 now maby its time for a change? I know the area is so near the entrance but Im becoming to become abit tired of the same attractions every year.

I think SW7 hasnt been added is because we all know that downtime is pronoun on new rides and I think its sensible of them not to do it to save the risk of letting people down much like TH13TEEN, HOWEVER I think people who stay in the SW7 rooms SHOULD get ERT on the new ride or infact the whole rides in X Sector for the prices they'll be paying for the rooms!

Hex is one of the few rides on ERT that pretty much everyone can go on, whereas Toadstool is limited to over 1.2m's and Charlie would probably take too much time to get ready in the morning.

SW7 won't even be considered for ERT until all the inevitable teething issues are resolved.

The big question though, will Oblivion be open for ERT on opening day? All depends on how they want to manage the crowds, ie let them queue at the entrance of SW7 for an hour or have them queueing from outside of X-Sector and slowly lead them down to the SW7 entrance a la Thirteen opening.

:)

Rob said:
The big question though, will Oblivion be open for ERT on opening day? All depends on how they want to manage the crowds, ie let them queue at the entrance of SW7 for an hour or have them queueing from outside of X-Sector and slowly lead them down to the SW7 entrance a la Thirteen opening.

I doubt Blivvy will open for ERT that day!

Slowly lead them down? More like they were pushed back by the sheer numbers in that tight space :p

Rob said:

I was thinking how it would work on opening day. How has it worked for other "big" coasters in the past like Air, Oblivion etc? Do people just go in, run to the entrance and queue?

A pretty good line up for ERT. But for oblivion on opening day, I don't know if it will be to much trouble to split the walk way down into x sector

I imagine it'll be open. They'll just (if anything) have some temp barriers creating a queue in X sector.

If thirteens opening day wasn't bad, doubt SW7 would be either. Not like there's been any major advertising or stuff behind it yet.

Very, very surprised to see Oblivion included in the ERT line-up this year, I would've expected that the park would try as hard as possible to make sure that the minimum number of people are nearby SW7 when the 10am opening time comes. Considering Oblivion being on the ERT line-up, and the ride's relative proximity to the park entrance, there will certainly be a very long wait time before the ride even opens.

Ideally, to spread the crowds, I would have replaced Oblivion with Spinball in the line-up.

I imagine how they handle SW7 opening will depend on if they are still building the queue at 7am that morning :)

D4n said:
Very, very surprised to see Oblivion included in the ERT line-up this year, I would've expected that the park would try as hard as possible to make sure that the minimum number of people are nearby SW7 when the 10am opening time comes. Considering Oblivion being on the ERT line-up, and the ride's relative proximity to the park entrance, there will certainly be a very long wait time before the ride even opens.

Ideally, to spread the crowds, I would have replaced Oblivion with Spinball in the line-up.

I don't think Oblivion being on ERT will have a significant impact on SW7 queues. If people want to go on SW7 at 10am when it opens they will do regardless. Oblivion being open at 9am may cause a few extra people waiting for SW7 to open but it won't have a massive impact on the queue. And even if they opened Spinball instead, chances are that people would just go on Spinball before heading straight to X-Sector for 10am.

I can't see Blivvy being open causing much difference in queues... In fact it may help things. Rather than people rushing to X-Sector and simply waiting for SW7 to open at 10, they may decide to grab a go on Blivvy during ERT - thus keeping the area flowing better.

I assume Rita was on ERT in 2010? I can't remember as the only time I visited, we used ERT to skip the queues at the bottom of Towers Street and went straight to Th13teen's queue which was open and filling up.

I expect to be shot down for this, but seeing the scarefest opening of mazes and new ride openings I hope the entire of X-Sector is closed until 10am.

I hate the people who arrive at a stupid time to get in line to be first, if there was ever a line to cross at being too geeky this is it. In my eyes being in the way of normal guests, creating a queue where one doesn't exist and damaging park operations in the sake of a selfish title which no-one will ever know is it.
If I were alton Id have staff primed with cattle prods to move people along.

On opening day I will use ERT for exactly that, not stood awkwardly and in the way. Ive missed rides over the closed season, I wont be spending an hour of that waiting for a ride that isnt open. If 13 is anything to go by, come 11am the queue will be well under an hour and waste less of my life.