• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 General Improvements

James said:
Has Hex had a new projector put in place? I swear I read that somewhere on the weekend?

I don't know if its new or if it has just been fixed, but the projector in Hex i now working properly with no lines across the screen or weird colours!

It would make sense that not all maintenance etc has been complete as frankly due was in a TERRIBLE state yesterday. I swear some of the work lights were on too, alot of audio not working in places ''dead spots'' as well as lack of smoke and lighting. Was very disappointed yesterday as I usually love this ride. Heres to hoping by main season all will be fixed!

Duel seemed in a pretty average state over the weekend. Lighting in a number of areas was excessive (the undertaker and some of the zombies at the end spring to mind). A couple of effects in other areas were either off or broken and the ride stopped frequently - out of my 3 rides I didn't manage a single one without a temporary stop at some point.

Was delighted to see the BIG demon back in action (you know, the one with the rat!) after a lot of downtime last season...

Off the top of my head:
- The bust at the beginning isn't currently moving forwards.
- The photo point face is still broken and remains permanently up. (à la end of last season)
- That silly working light towards the end was left on both Sat and Sun which ruins the look of the 'furnace' zombies.
- There's some lovely new lighting on the undertaker's hearse but it's illuminating the metal wall behind too much and ruining the Pepper's Ghost.
- Pillar Demon's lost his sound effect :(

That said the ride's overall in a fabulous condition still, OPULENT compared to some recent seasons, and I'm sure a lovely spruce up over the interim period between Feb and March will see all the little niggles sorted :)

Also another niggle is Sonic Spinball and Story Book Land HOWEVER im willing to wavour this niggle as its being refurbished next season.. hopefully! But Storybook land especially the work is looking VERY tried! Hopefully 2013 is the turn round for Alton and will see money pumped into it constantly and finally see it reconsied at the uk's premier theme park once again.

Considering Duel gets NO budget, one must praise the team on there to the max.....also it seems things get fixed soon after they are mentioned...... ;)

Now this might just be me being a moan arse but after visiting Towers Trading on Sunday I felt it was a horrible layout to last year. With all the shelves near enough being removed and it all being on a flat wall now it looks out of place compared to last season.

Another one of my peeves is last year they did the shop into ride sections so for instance Oblivion, Air, Nemesis etc and now I just think it looks horrid!

I really do hope before the season starts that they do categorize all the ride merchandise together again before the start of the main season.

I agree that towers trading does look mighty fine with its new borders at the top of the shelves, perhaps they could do with opening up the bottom of the shop a bit more, at the moment there is always a massive bottleneck there, the tills at the bottom result in a big queue snaking across that entrance, not exactly ideal.

The Resort Box Office looks great on the inside this year, surely the small amount of tellys left in there means most of them TV will have moved to the monorail stations/ oblivion queueline?

A small point to improve would be that the outside of the Box Office currently looks terrible. The blue/purple paint has faded and peeled, and the front face is overcrowded with text and colour, I think if they reverted back to the simplicity of old YourDay frontage, a logo (saying Resort Box Office) is all that is needed really. The wooden poles at the front are also a bit of a mess, the Scarefest posters have pulled of some of the top layers, it looks terrible really.

The box office was looking good at the weekend! Slowly starting to feel less like a recycled Your Day shop. Just need to get rid of the desks at the front! Or find a use for them.

As for general maintainable the park wasn't looking to bad when I was there, the only thing that annoyed me that I'm sure will be fixed by march was the state of the lake under Nemmies loop. It's suddenly looking like the Trent.

Re: Re: 2013 General Improvements

DaveW said:
The box office was looking good at the weekend! Slowly starting to feel less like a recycled Your Day shop. Just need to get rid of the desks at the front! Or find a use for them.

As for general maintainable the park wasn't looking to bad when I was there, the only thing that annoyed me that I'm sure will be fixed by march was the state of the lake under Nemmies loop. It's suddenly looking like the Trent.

The awful state of Nemesis' loop was sorted to an acceptable level by Sunday morning! :-D

Snorlix said:
Now this might just be me being a moan arse but after visiting Towers Trading on Sunday I felt it was a horrible layout to last year. With all the shelves near enough being removed and it all being on a flat wall now it looks out of place compared to last season.

Another one of my peeves is last year they did the shop into ride sections so for instance Oblivion, Air, Nemesis etc and now I just think it looks horrid!

I really do hope before the season starts that they do categorize all the ride merchandise together again before the start of the main season.

There is very little ride merch in any of the shops at the moment, so I imagine when the season starts in March it will look a lot nicer, at the moment it seems they have just filled the spaces with what ever they have.

Hopefully when March comes it will look alot better and have each ride in its own place. I can like the cleaness look of it now, the old wooden bookcase style shelves and dividors looked a bit outdated I felt.

When everyone enters the Towers Street Monorail station in March you should get a nice surprise ;)

Josh said:
When everyone enters the Towers Street Monorail station in March you should get a nice surprise ;)

I will now be disappointed with anything less than a nice mural painted onto a wall somewhere! :p

Those TVs had better have gone...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Rob said:
Josh said:

I will now be disappointed with anything less than a nice mural painted onto a wall somewhere! :p

I wish! Haha :p

It really annoys me they got rid of the mural, even just something like metal panels with promotional materials pinned to the wall would look far better than the exposed white walls at the moment.

I have my bets on some new TVs in there, may be over a decade they've just now realised the TVs have lived there days? :p

Let me guess:

The good news is The Monorail has new screens in Towers Street station.

The bad news is that the old screens have been moved to The Smiler, as it was a cheaper way of creating an old, distorted image.

Am I close? :p

Ian said:
Let me guess:

The good news is The Monorail has new screens in TowersStreet station.

The bad news is that the old screens have been moved to The Smiler, as it was a cheaper way of creating an old, distorted image.

Am I close? :p

At least 50% of that is right, you'll have to wait to find out if the rest is true! haha :p