• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 General Improvements

My god. Whoever is in charge of this needs a slow beating to death.

Welcome to the Scaffold Forest...

Ironic how it almost compliments the look of Th13teen's station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

I hate scaffolding, so its quite sad that I think that its addition as pulled the areas theme together. Both rides now look like "works in progress".

Good thought there Chris to be honest. Enclose the station and make it look like Rita is bursting through a window to escape. Though, you'd still be standing there wondering why there is a car in a Gothic Mansion, why they need to escape, and why in the end they just end up back where they started.

That almost sounds like the plot to Rocky Horror Picture Show actually. New theme?

In a way I'm glad they've put scaffolding there as it finally allows the ride to operate normally without the operator having to worry about making sure there is no-one under the launch track before dispatching. Hopefully this should boost the throughput a bit. Great to see that SRQ can now return too as fastrack users can be merged with the main queue.

Indeed guests can now stay under the track when the ride is launched, and single rider/fast track is back to how it was last season!

However it does look horrible and very cheap looking, it's also really dark under all that wood.

This is the "2013 General Improvements " thread.

Could we re-locate that image to the back of a toilet door in the tavern please?

I hate DF, I hate Thir13teen and I can take or leave Rita. Take a bulldozer to the whole area.

On the positive side, at least they have worked to enable normal operations of the ride again which was a must in my opinion. And I wouldn't mind what they've done if we knew for sure they would replace it with a permanent themed tunnel in the closed season (doing this in the middle of the season would be impossible). However the chances of them doing it in the closed season are very slim I imagine. Dark Forest is becoming a bit of a joke in terms of its theme.

:)

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse! I detest Dark Forest.

Sometimes I think management are sat there purposely trying to rubbish any good work they do.

"Quick, look how well we are doing with The Smiler, what can we do to counteract that? I know, stick even more scaffolding up all over Rita"!

Only Alton Towers could continue to try and pass scaffolding off as decent theming. Hex (although admittedly that is integral to the theme and works) Th13teen, Sub-Terra, Rita... What next?

Why don't they make up some tree trunks to go on the vertical poles and some branches to go on the horizontal poles, making the scaffolding look a bit forest like.

I know it would look a bit naff, but at least it would link with the name of the area.

You guys need to think outside the box. It'd be easier at this point to retheme Dark Forest to Construction Corner. Couple of portaloos and they're sorted.

Yes, a few actors walking about in a hard hat, hi viz jackets, dirty jeans and workboots, showing their bum crack off.

Then park a couple of JCBs around the area. and even a new ride, spindizzy just like diggerland. :D :D

delta79 said:
Yes, a few actors walking about in a hard hat, hi viz jackets, dirty jeans and workboots, showing their bum crack off.

You could give them names such as "Oliv' twosugarsinminelove" and "Corblimey Lookatthemessinhere" Just have them walking around pointing up and then trying to sell things at twice the estimate. and of course wolf whistling and saying "gettem art love" at every women who comes past.

I dont think DF is bad themeing i just think they should have done alot better. When i first saw it i was did think it was alot better then the camp UG LAND. But the scaffolding does look awful. But i thinkthe phrase needs must springs to mind

So, who wants another look at this lovely new scaffolding?

Welcome to Scaffold Forest:
P1160030_zps75880d0a.jpg

The red and white tape really fits the theme well, naturally:
P1160031_zpse8c177a4.jpg

This is the result of many months of planning and design work:
P1160029_zps79eb9ad5.jpg

Doesn't it look a lovely area to queue as well?
P1160032_zpsc19b07f6.jpg

Sorry for the blatant sarcasm! :p

It does look awful. But it should help the throughputs on Rita.

:)

I think the phrase I'm looking for is "right pigs ear" :p

An utter mess. However, despite how ugly it looks I am glad for the additional scaffolding if it means that Rita can achieve a higher throughput ready for The Smiler's opening.

I bloody well hope this goes in closed season though. It's a shame we even have it at all - especially with how quiet the park has been so far. It would have been an ideal thing to fix before the influx of guests in a couple of weeks time.

I love how they planted those weeds in the queue line too, really enhances the theme that the forest is taking over. [/sarcasm]