• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2013 Map

Blizzard said:
Can I just ay that the map thisyear is no bigger than the maps from 2009-2011. You are comparing the map to the leaflet versions as opposed to the gaten maps. I can tell by the folds & the obvious size.

Unless I'm missing something?...

I picked all of these maps up from the same place at the entrance year after year. I was slightly surprised when I opened them and saw the big difference which I hadn't remembered, but I presumed I'd just forgotten how small they were. If that's the case though, just ignore my first and a bit of my third paragraph and the first photo :)

2010 was the only one in this style which was actually useful for navigation as it gave a sense of shape to the park. The 2011-2 maps are just styled to fit the whole page and thus lose the parks actual shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

My 2010 and 2011 maps are the same size as 2012. So it must of been a "end of season thing", why they were small. Me personally would want to revert back to 2003 but inside the bubbles they can be made more SW7'ey and grey with bits of track scattered about the map. 2010 was alright but I think it's more of a celebratory thing that it looked to grand and simple to emphasize how rags to riches Alton has gone. I'm thinking way too deep here, but still I'd revert it back a few years so we can plonk a lot of SW7 on the map this year. Signs and park rules can be squished on if they make it smaller yet wider around 2010's scale thus more marketing can be lasered onto the back. Simples?

I think it should follow the style of the legoland maps with the attractions on the inside and the details on the outside, easy to read, easy to find an attraction, and very useful for finding your way around.

The biggest problem with that is you have to take time to find the name of the ride. Or if you know the name and want to find where it is you have to look for it. I think the way they do it now with the names on the actual map is easier. If they can just sort it so you can navigate with it I think they should keep the names on the map itself.