• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Rise of the Resistance
Another year...another topic! Use this topic for all general discussion on the goings on in 2014, with the exception of CBeebies Land for which you should use this topic :)

Alastair said:
Another year...another topic! Use this topic for all general discussion on the goings on in 2014, with the exception of CBeebies Land for which you should use this topic :)

As with last year, we'll start with the ERT arrangements for 2014 which have changed from last year. This year the following attractions will be on ERT:

Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
Runaway Mine Train
Duel
Nemesis
The Blade

No Thirteen or Oblivion on ERT this year! Also there is a brand new ERT system, the details of which can be found here.
That's last year page...

Was changed for the latter part of the season, as everybody was getting ERT...

This happens every year, most other Merlin attractions update there website with next years information as soon as possible, where as Alton Towers only update certain bits when it's cutting it fine like opening times, as Thorpe & Chessington have had there 2014 opening times on the site for a while...

That's exactly the same ERT lineup as the majority of last year, and clearly the page has not been updated since, so we can only speculate as to the ERT lineup next season.

However, this one clearly worked well, so :)

To be fair, all I ever do in ERT is whore Nemesis, so this will be no change for me.

I wonder if the Woodland Walk will still be open from 8.30am as that allowed you to enter the park from FV and then work your way to the front of the park for just before 10am.

They made the ERT changes precisely so you can use woodland walk for easier access from hotels, and that all the rides are close together so you don't waste like 75% of your ERT time walking.

Would be good if they manage to get Air on there, that's probably all that's really lacking from that lineup. But I highly doubt they'll change ERT for a while (until they decide to spread them out again in a few years, they always seem to go in circles with these things)

The issue they have is working out what the techies can get open for 9am. They already work until 10pm and start about 5am so it's not like they can increase the working time much. I reckon that's why Air and Nemesis don't feature together on ERT.

I would guess at some point either Oblivion or Smiler will go on.

Dean said:
Alastair said:

As with last year, we'll start with the ERT arrangements for 2014 which have changed from last year. This year the following attractions will be on ERT:

Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem
Sharkbait Reef by SEA LIFE
Runaway Mine Train
Duel
Nemesis
The Blade

No Thirteen or Oblivion on ERT this year! Also there is a brand new ERT system, the details of which can be found here.
That's last year page...

Was changed for the latter part of the season, as everybody was getting ERT...

This happens every year, most other Merlin attractions update there website with next years information as soon as possible, where as Alton Towers only update certain bits when it's cutting it fine like opening times, as Thorpe & Chessington have had there 2014 opening times on the site for a while...

OK, I feel like a bit of an idiot now :p The fact that they put "ERT will not be available until 2014" made me think that they'd updated it. I never did ERT last year so I didn't realise they'd removed Oblivion and Thirteen from it.

I think they put that bit saying ERT will not be available until 2014 on the page during Scarefest and Fireworks last year.

In my opinion they do need to look at getting another major coaster onto the line up. It's hardly overly appealing at the minute, especially when on days where Nemesis doesn't tend to get much of a queue anyway.

:)

It would be nice to at least see Air, Oblivion or Th13teen added to the ERT line-up. Just at least one other coaster would round up the offerings nicely.

Dave makes a valid point about the engineers, that is excessive times they work - had no idea. Working till 10pm??! Still, 1 coaster for ERT is poor.

I can't believe that people are working 17-hour shifts as normal. Maybe coverage is across 5am to 10pm but surely that would be covered by shifts.

Tom said:
I can't believe that people are working 17-hour shifts as normal. Maybe coverage is across 5am to 10pm but surely that would be covered by shifts.

There are 2 shifts.

TheMan said:
Dave makes a valid point about the engineers, that is excessive times they work - had no idea. Working till 10pm??! Still, 1 coaster for ERT is poor.

2 coasters since Runaway Train...

From what they were doing last year it would seem they're gonna have Air as a bonus ERT ride should it be ready in/on time... Which is fair enough, but on the other hand there's not enough rides that actually get massive queues of death on the ERT list...

Tom said:

It would have to be rota based. I was more referring to the amount of time the park has to designate to engineering. Though I suppose it also depends on amount of engy's VS rides. Double the staff work half the time ultimately.