• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

Ooh its the 2011 advert with a tiny bit changed.

As for engineering, there were tiny ripples of mentions of becoming 24hrs (they used to have this in the old days apparently), that'd help with certain ride availability in the mornings.

Just wondering if the London dungeons has relocated yet from by the London eye ??

thefatone said:
As for engineering, there were tiny ripples of mentions of becoming 24hrs (they used to have this in the old days apparently).

I'm pretty sure you're correct on this. I remember one time about 10 years ago I was out collecting something from my Dad's car whilst staying at Splash and heard Nemesis going at about 10:30 in the evening. Such a majestic roar.

Oblivion I could see being added to ERT but not The Smiler :( Last time I rode (admittedly less than 2 weeks after it opened) they were struggling to get it open by noon never mind 9am! Have these problems persisted or has it improved since then?

The Smiler nearly always opens on time now - it was only opening late when it was brand new. I wouldn't expect it on ERT though because it has quite lengthy opening checks I'm led to believe.

The checks on Smiler are quite extensive. I was told by one of the staff that all the brakes have to be inspected and tested one at a time, the lift hills examined, and all of the trains running that day have to go around at least twice before they can open. I won't expect the Smiler ever to be on ERT.

Here are some photos from the TowersStreet Facebook page (taken last weekend):

The recent wind has caused some damage to the gardens:
1531611_592578300812618_1051855693_n.jpg

1526280_592578470812601_1267351219_n.jpg

1531611_592578844145897_528382375_n.jpg

There are also two holes in Mutiny Bay, no idea what they are doing.
1526538_592583534145428_2137561627_n.jpg

1536620_592579714145810_1890882490_n.jpg

If im honest, maybe they've looked at what's popular on ERT and thought just have some random things with nemesis......... As that's all that people want. Although a choice would be nice.

Since Smiler was delayed it seems that May is the month of choice for opening a new attraction. Of course I am basing this on the concrete evidence of Cbeebies Land and Angry Birds Land. No more new attractions in March?

With CBeebies I genuinely believe it's because the park want to have a decent amount of time getting it right. Equally it will hopefully allow for some soft openings so that everything is tweaked to the Beeb's liking for the opening date.

As for Angry Birds - I just think they've left it last minute xD

Not sure if this is in the right topic or not however from recent replies on AT's Facebook and Twitter, it seems that poor ol' Nemmie will not be having a 20th birthday celebration this year but, in AT's words, 'will have a 21st birthday in style next year'. I wonder what celebrations they will have in store, maybe finally fixing the station to make her all beautiful again. :p

I'd hope so. She deserves to look better than she does right now, and this news may go some way to explaining why Towers haven't done much to her and Forbidden Valley for a while (installation of Sub-Terra aside).

Quick find someone born on the 19th March 1994. and see if Alton Towers will give them free entry for the 21st birthday of nemesis. ;)

(I hope the marketing team read this)

Sounds like they forgot it was the 20th and came up with something else instead...

Im sure not long ago on Twitter or Facebook they said they had something planned for the 20th birthday. Seems they forgot or have changed their plans.

Scott said:
Sounds like they forgot it was the 20th and came up with something else instead...
I was going to say I was born in 93 and I'm not 21 yet thought I lost a year somewhere

Believe they were trying to get a budget for some sort of event - maybe they failed this year, but with a promise for next year instead?

That'd be nice if it does happen.

21st is generally considered a bigger birthday than 20th anyway with humans. Maybe they just felt it was a better number to have the celebration on.

Or maybe they are going to fix the poor old girl before doing a birthday bash.

1504397_10152130154086201_1808488224_o.jpg

New(ish) resort graphic for this year.

Similar to previous styles, but interesting that it includes the Ice Age IP as well as CBeebies.

It's all about families now, so there will be a big focus on families visiting CBeebies and then getting them out into the other family areas.

The choice was either the above image or a thrill seekers version and a separate CBeebies version

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The things I would do for one of those Alton Towers barrier covers, and the black and yellow Smiler ones, and the Scarefest ones...

I'm such a horder!