• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

It definitely does set the mood perfectly. Seems alright on the surface, but when you scratch a bit deeper, it's hollow and a bit shoddy - just like the rest of the resort!

There is indeed no 'issue' but it doesn't actually work because they've ended up having to cut (awkwardly) a 20 second cut of ITHOTMK into it which is quite jarring.

That's pretty exciting! (Sound geek here)

Any ideas of what they've been replaced with, or is it the same model?
Either way, the fact that we've actually got audible music in the plaza makes me really happy! Does anyone know what year the Bose towers were installed on TS? I know we lost the bottom two stacks for a while but were eventually reinstated.

I believe the stacks of Bose ones have been replaced by Ohm's CW-28s. These can also be seen around CBeebies Land.
There's two on each post at the top of the street, and one on each post at the bottom.

I do love the 30 second variant ITHOTMK but it's edited quite sporadically into the Towers Street theme, which doesn't make it flow very well, not that the general public probably even notice the music. (they will now it's loud though!)

Yeah ITHOTMK seems very sudden in the Towers Street track, doesn't sound like it belongs at all.

I think the Towers Street track is OK. It's by no means outstanding, but it does the job just fine. I think Towers Street is probably the hardest area on park to get the music just spot on.

Does anyone know in which year the Graham Smart Towers Street music was first used? I just want to establish which came first, it or the Hook film soundtrack.

I don't know, but I would assume '92. As the TS theme had parts of the Haunted House music fade in and out. Maybe to entice people to the new ride.

It wasn't about enticement or publicity, it was about creating a piece of music which reflected the theme park at that time.

In my view the current music fails to capture this in anything more than a 'it's fun here' kind of way.

I like the current music, I think it fits quite well. However I don't like how ITHOTMK is shoehorned in, especially that version. If you're going to have it then cleverly work it in to the music in the same style, like with the Thirteen and Smiler audio.

:)

I do enjoy background music where ITHOTMK creeps up and gently whispers in your ear, "i'm here."

I don't know, but I would assume '92. As the TS theme had parts of the Haunted House music fade in and out. Maybe to entice people to the new ride.
Does anyone know in which year the Graham Smart Towers Street music was first used? I just want to establish which came first, it or the Hook film soundtrack.
It also has elements of Nemesis, Peter Rabbit on Ice and of course Toyland Tours, so it's at least 1994. Although 1995 does ring a bell for some reason.

The basic TS theme is fine, it's just a simplistic orchestration. It either needs re-recording or replacing. Either option is fine by me.

I notice it all the time, @phildenholm.

In fact I was sitting outside Towers Trading Co. with some friends I was on park with, and they were saying that they dislike the "new" music and preferred the old one. They were referring to ITHOTMK btw.

Towers St music is fine without the ITHOMK stuck in it. Though I'd prefer something which suits the grandeur at the end of the street (not the street sellers.. the other side.. the towers!)

086d40ee3f26720a1ea83f28c60fe179.jpg

856d62314eccd435cbdbf5d02d5baa81.jpg

7468a0806f1257f8e85fca863fc2715a.jpg
3717f94cb7f99303dcc4703fdab8ccba.jpg

7d9c17730d410a9b28f9daf64b7550a6.jpg

302bca3336c6ba1edf603bb594ec3d5d.jpg

fda6a73528e7e4db83cc8ec20300a2ef.jpg

09fb8a475f600c26f72e3ef5196afb57.jpg

851cd27f41c79ac06e91ebad1040234a.jpg

013b4266b8b2496240133094da8ac739.jpg

9dabe4eb0b3ab5fcd1596ce440600fe8.jpg

Actual looks like a Christmas event hopefully it keeps growing :)