• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: General Discussion

The above is exactly what I expect. And it is quite frankly embarrassing for a park like Towers.

:)

But isn't ThomasLand entirely made from this sort of ride, just wi different fibreglass shells. And the Beastie was basically just one of these.

I think Alton has come along way since the beastie was added, and that should have been replaced with a better kids coaster ages ago.

While Thomas land is full of zamperla rides the coaster is much better and is a gertslauer kids coaster much better than a zamperla model. Plus Drayton is a family run park with less than half Number of visitors and with no where near financial backing of Alton towers.

Alton should be adding a kids coaster from the likes of vekoma, Mack or gertslauer.

Thomas Land has a great custom Gerstlauer kids coaster! Something like that for Towers would have been perfect rather than an off the shelf cheap Zamperla with an awful layout and what will be poor capacity.

Thomas Land has a great custom Gerstlauer kids coaster! Something like that for Towers would have been perfect rather than an off the shelf cheap Zamperla with an awful layout and what will be poor capacity.

This implies that kids coasters can have good capacity, they very rarely do...

There's also an assumption that a new kids coaster will be a Zamperla, it could be a Zierer, or a Gerst, we don't know...

Relatively speaking, of course kids coasters are never going to have the same capacity as a thrill coaster. But that Zamperla coaster holds 12 riders, whereas Troublesome Trucks holds 20 and Mack YoungStar's hold 18. When you consider how popular a kids coaster in CBeebies Land is going to be then those extra seats do make a difference.

And Zamperla has been strongly rumoured as being the manufacturer.

Pegsus achieves 900pph on two trains (1000 theoretical).

Although Pegasus is a little on the tall side.

Would they stick two Venturer 16 seater Simulators on the old beast site and have them running a sim of Andys and Kips wild adventure.

Last edited:
Don't even joke about that. Ventura sims are cheap and tacky even when they are tucked in the corner of an aviation museum showing real cockpit POV footage, never mind when it's some CGI nonsense.

Would they stick two Venturer 16 seater Simulators on the old breast site and have them running a sim of Andys and Kips wild adventure.
Tell me more about this amazing site I seem to have not noticed before? :D

Is their any news on the possibility of ripsaw moving to xsector or was it a big hoax set by the employee we was talking to on the scarefest meet?

I haven't heard any news on it. I guess Feb half term may give us a clue as the Valley is open and I guess if the ride is moving they wouldn't do loads of maintenance on Ripsaw in the Valley and then move it, surely they would move it first then do lots of work, but who knows!

I hope Ripsaw remains in Forbidden Valley. It's too old for a new home and it wouldn't suit X-Sector anyway.

Mind you, a relocation is the only chance of it ever getting a decent refurb.