• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014 Resolutions Topic

Rowe

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Matterhorn Blitz (with an Aperol Spritz!)
Now we all know our favourite Mr Sanbooke is planning to give up chocolate for the year thanks to the BBC's annual Embankment broadcast but what do YOU plan to change this year?

Regardless of whether your own procrastination gets the worse of you like the late groundwork on The Smiler, hypocrisy takes its toll or the resolution is far too ambitious and near impossible on a Hartenhof scale, at some point we all think of something we want to alter in our lives at this time of year.

So, no matter how major or minor your resolutions are regardless of judgement as you're totally entitled to not feel petty and insignificant in comparison to others, feel free to list them here with the non mandatory option to explain why!

Mine?

1. Keep an actively updated food and beverage diary for health purposes.

2. Attempt to spend more of my spare time possible with my precious families.

3. Apply more fairy lights to my bedroom for improvement of aesthetics and wellbeing.

Great leader Rowe.

I am making no resolutions, that is, I made them earlier last year and my desire is to continue along that path.

That is to continue to find ways to shine as a better person and to make change in the world. This tends to rub people up the wrong way for some reason, seen as more a trip of ego than of true desire to make positive change. The irony is, if it was based upon ego, I would not give a crap about anything/anyone else and would take more obvious self benefiting paths that have been open for me.

Therein lies another resolution (not bad for someone not making any ;D) - to care less about naysayers!

Sorry I can't weave coaster analogies in, you set the bar a bit high!

Happy New Year to you all, I hope by the end of it, you can judge yours to have been a resounding success.

As a positive thread, I add my sincerest best wishes to you all for 2014 and add this charming little Irish blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Don't mess up seems to be my main one this year. ;)

Side resolutions are:

1) Get on a meet (Way-hey!)

2) The typical 'Get a gym membership' that will not happen at all. Ever.

3) Get out more to parties to meet new people as, right now, I'm an unsociable thing!

1. Only sleep with people I'm attracted to.

2. Stop using the vaguely sexually violent language that has become popular among gays. Stop saying stuff like 'I would do bad things to x' or 'x would be a mess by the time I finish with him'.

3. Write more.

4. Map out my life choices and life plan a bit clearer.

Stop smoking is the only one for me and it will happen this time

I don't normally make resolutions (as I can't ever think of anything) but this year I've decided I want to get better at a foreign language by the end of the year. Good enough to go abroad and confidently speak to someone anyway.

I'm not one for new year resolutions although I have 'aims' for 2014 (yeah you could say it's the same thing). Lose weight and tone up is my main one. I'd like to learn a new language - and a relationship would be a nice bonus. I graduate from uni this year too so I'm hoping life after uni will not be too hard (not betting on it though) - it will be interesting to see how things pan out from August.

I'm hoping 2014 will be a bit more of a consistently good year for myself. 2013 had far too many up and down moments! Like the optimist I am though I'll just take each day as it comes.

I don't normally do new years resolutions, but this year I have made a few.

I wont to reduce the amount of debt I have, going to be a challenge this one, but I have got a budgeting tool off Steam (Yes, impulse buying needs to stop, and saving needs to start). Its called You Need A Budget and its reduced to £7.50 today. It seems okay, but I am guessing the results will tell at the end of the first month, and whether I am still using it or not.

I want to stop eating as much rubbish, and try and lose some weight. I joined a gym a few years ago, and went for a month, and then had to pay for the other 11 where I rarely visited, so I am going to take up jogging, and try and reduce the amount of "junk" food I eat. There is two apps I am using to try and help me achieve this, Runkeeper which you can use to track the runs you have been on, Willing to accept friend requests from anyone else who uses it, to try and motivate each other. The other app is LifeSum which allows you to monitor what your eating, and your weight and other body measurements, so hopefully it will be useful to put me off that chocolate fudge cake for desert :)

My final aim is to try and learn German, again I am using an app for this, and it is called Duoling. Its free, and I know a few other people are using it as well, but again, if you use it, feel free to add me as a friend.

The biggest challenge is finding the time to fit everything in, but with a bit of motivation, and will power, hopefully I can make some progress. Final plug (and I wish I was on commission) but I am using a app called Digipill to try and help with the weight loss. I think its free, but you have to pay for a few of the "Pills".

Ian

My new year's resolution (
sick.gif
) is to watch more current affairs.

Was thinking of upgrading to 2560 x 1440, but since it's so expensive I might just stick with 1920 x 1080...

As terrible as that joke is, I am going monitor shopping today and if I do decide to spend the extra cash on 1440p it would indeed be a new year resolution.

I have a few this year, most of which are linked. I basically need to be healthier, which means stopping drinking, losing a lot of weight, sorting out my sleeping pattern etc. I've got into some bad habits. Now is the time for change.

I've also resolved to be a better wife to my husband.