• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

B7t8OzxIAAAn_8I.jpg:large

We have track! (From TST's twitter page)

I don't reckon this is Zamperla...or at least not any track design they've produced thusfar. Looks quite like it could be Zierer, or at least similar to their track design:

4v601lc0o000098qgiaqg0.jpg

I thought the track connectors looked like the ones on the ends of the Smiler's track
track22.jpg

but people in the know seem adamant it's Zamperla :p

I know @Dave keeps asserting about Zamperla, so rather than trying to find out who it is I've been trying to find a Zamperla that looks like that. I can't.

Unless they've seriously redesigned their tracks, the seem to use either zig zag or square cross ties, and often on their smaller rides square supports too. It seems quite the redesign if they have moved it forward, it's far nicer looking to be fair so you'd think they'd be advertising it.

For all the respect I have mucking about aside for @Dave's assertion, it just doesn't look like a Zamperla lol!!

I don't think it looks like the Zierer either @Alastair because of the top fixings (or bottom, haven't worked it out yet) - the square/circle is easy to track, but those cross ties are by far the closest I've seen thus far.

EDIT:
They're not the same either, the Zierer have pointy cross ties, these are flat.

Zamperla have been strongly rumoured for quite a while now, I've not heard anythig recently but the last I hard was Zamperla (possibly following a reduction in the budget meaning a cheaper manufacturer needed). However if this is a Zamperla is appears to be a new support and track type from them. Seems a strange thing for them to do for a small kids coaster, why not just use their standard track and supports?

:)

Zamperla have been strongly rumoured for quite a while now, I've not heard anythig recently but the last I hard was Zamperla (possibly following a reduction in the budget meaning a cheaper manufacturer needed). However if this is a Zamperla is appears to be a new support and track type from them. Seems a strange thing for them to do for a small kids coaster, why not just use their standard track and supports?

It's like a mix of many tracks as well, parts look like a Vekoma mine train, some like Zierer cross ties, and the supports are random too.

I don't know, the family market is more crowded now, maybe Zamp upped their game a little. When B&M start muscling in on your territory you have to know it's time to improve.

Who'd have thought they could spring this debate on us at Towers over a kiddie coaster lol!!

Oh and you heard a budget reduction meant they changed their mind, and went to a different manufacturer. Whoo, what a surprise.

A lot of manufactures have track types like that. Even the Mack youngstar has similar track. I have a feeling this might be a Gerts coaster, but it could literally be anyone at this stage.

A few sites are saying that its a Zierer. Really is causing quite a stir over who is making it.

The track is very similar to that of Zierer. However it is not a Zierer, the track joins and support to track joins are different to on Zierer Force models. The supports look strange to me, they differ from a lot of other support around the base. This is what makes me think a new model from Zamperla is likely, although I'm still not sure why they have felt the need to make modifications. Maybe it is a more sturdy and better quality model to enable them to compete better with the likes of Zierer, Vekoma and Gerstlauer etc.

Maybe it is a more sturdy and better quality model to enable them to compete better with the likes of Zierer, Vekoma and Gerstlauer etc.

That's the point I was making, even the big boys are attempting to jostle into the family market coaster range so maybe they felt the need to update.

It's quite rare though isn't it for coaster manufacturers to radically redesign, especially on a family model given the moderate force it would be under.

It is a strange one and I still find it hilarious what a little storm it's creating haha!

Zamperla needed to update their kiddy coaster system so it doesn't surprise me that it's changed.

If it's a Zamperla (and I see no reason for it not to be) then it's certainly an interesting design.

They seem desperate for people to take them more seriously and Towers obviously have a long-held reputation of convincing manufacturers to try something new with them.

It would make sense for this to be a new type of kiddie coaster or type of track manufacturing in order to bring something different to the table.

It may only be a kiddie coaster but it will attract attention from other parks purely cos it's Towers.

Chuggington coaster? Seems like a theme that would fit.

A Chuggington coaster would make sense, but would also draw comparisons to Thomas Land down the road.

I'd say Octonaughts is likely, as that brand has already had a lot of representation at Merlin parks in the past.