• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
@Leah I know that single riders and fasttrackers go down the same queue entrance but after that I'm not sure. I'll be glad to see some changes though

Currently, there are two lines merging into three. Main queue and combined singles/fasttrack get split into two main station queues and one single rider queue into the right hand station.

Has anyone else noticed that they shade of blue for the air tunnel lights keep on changing, these dark blue ones aren't blinding like the last ones but aren't sky blue or nothing at all like before? They seem like temporary ones from Scarefest or something to be. Or maybe its just my silent optimism for an Air Tunnel revamp eh? ;)

The Air enhancements for me are a mixed bag. I like the sound of the station changes as hopefully it'll make the ride more of an experience, although the photo opportunity thing concerns me as from the ones I've experienced they slow down the queues noticeably and 'scream walking commercial' & 'money before customers'.

The tunnel may well be the decider in this being the right thing for the park, but I've always found the ride the most bare of the secret weapon rides (Rita was a shoehorned major ride).

I think if they had tried, air would have a very strong theme. Even putting signs up saying some backstory. Maybe this is what we will see in the retheme. At the moment, I'd rate even rita's story over air, because at least it has one...

Even putting signs up saying some backstory.
Interesting comment there. It would be nice to see that a lot more in the queue lines for rides in the UK. On the continent there are quite a few rides where the back story is explained on panels throughout the line, such as Arthur im Königreich der Minimoys and Fluch der Kassandra at EP to name but 2.

Nemesis used to have it on tv screens in the queue line, and oblivion sort of does it to. Why can't they do this. It would make the rides so much more interesting.

If you if not the fact that they came up with it 21 years ago and just continued it, then yes, it's good ;)

(Seriously though, it is actually quite good. I hope it's on when I go on sub terra (for the first time) on Thursday)

I think if you have to explain the backstory on a written sign, its not worth having a backstory. If it is a major part of the ride (such as Sub-Terra or Hex) then use video to explain it as Sub-Terra and Hex do. Or make it at least slightly obvious what the story should be, Nemesis does look like an alien in a pit so you don't need much more detail.

Unless they were used subtlety, such as on the smiler saying "it's time to get corrected" or "the ministry of joy is searching for new advocates" (I think these were both used on the screens)

If you if not the fact that they came up with it 21 years ago and just continued it, then yes, it's good ;)

(Seriously though, it is actually quite good. I hope it's on when I go on sub terra (for the first time) on Thursday)
They don't bother even turning the screens on most of the time in the queue line because no ones ever there ha ha ha :D
You'll see a similar video in the pre show though

sw8 is coming in 2017. But I think that's why. Either that or they've read this forum and seen our comments about the air tunnel :p

Consider how focussed Merlin are on this area with SW8, feature restraurant, improvements to Air and the proximity to the hotel development - might we see the end of ERT to be replaced with later opening in this area for hotel guests?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.