• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

AT86

TS Member
It seems that a planning application has gone in to SMDC last week for:

'Minro works to the'Air' rollercoaster, including enhancing the existing station area, installing a photo-opportunity kiosk and new themed features'

No files are online at the moment, any ideas? Addition of a photo opp (guessing green screen?) Says potential re-theme/sponsorship to me.

Sorry I can't seem to link to the website for some reason.

What does everyone think?

Interesting. No doubt linked to some extent to the restaurant developments. A slight re-theme for Air maybe? Or it could be making more of the current theme. I suppose we'll find out more once the documents are online.

Now Towers, please do something similar for the whole of Dark Forest!

:)

It seems that a planning application has gone in to SMDC last week for:

'Minro works to the'Air' rollercoaster, including enhancing the existing station area, installing a photo-opportunity kiosk and new themed features'

If this is one of those stupid queue line photo things, then please no. It would just slow down the queue and is not needed.

The other works sound good though. Wishful thinking, but I'd would love to see the scrapped themeing being put into place. Whatever it is, I hope it looks good. I wouldn't mind a sponsorship so much as long as it's sensible (I did like the Cadbury Heroes one they had about 12/13 years ago)

lets just hope if its a new sponsor that they get it right... lest we forget
584389_orig.png

credit: Towers Nerd

Photo opportunity sounds to me like one of those green screen photo points that you have to pass through, making you lie on a beam to make it look like your flying. Please don't do this.

Photo opportunity sounds to me like one of those green screen photo points that you have to pass through, making you lie on a beam to make it look like your flying. Please don't do this.
Ice Age have this, Octonauts have this, I wouldn't be too surprised. I sincerely hope not though. :(

I really don't get the point of having it in the ride queue. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't driving school at legoland let you take your picture after the ride, even though it's not as good photos. What would be the problem with having a small building outside air, especially for photos. That way, it doesn't disrupt the queue line.

There's one in sharkbait reef as well. So cringeworthy!
They also exist on Zufari at Chessington and Laser Raiders at Legoland as well. These are all family rides, I don't necessarily see the point of one on Air. What would they do? You flying through the air with your mates? Why not just get a ride photo then?

Sounds interesting, hopefully they can finally theme the ride to the greatness it never received back I. 2002. Hopefully we can see this done throughout the park in the future.

The photo opportunity thing is the only slight concern as the ones in the ride that are in the queue do slow waiting down noticeably.

Is there one on laser raiders? I don't remember it.

I know there is one on Atlantis

It does now, they installed one this season in the space between the first queue and the train crossing.

I doubt this will involve enhancements to the current theme, it just doesn't make any sense from a business point of view. Sponsorship me thinks, especially if there's a 'photo opportunity', would be no point in adding one of those if Air still keeps its current theme. I would love Alton Towers/Merlin to prove me wrong and they do improve it so the theme of Air becomes more like what it should have been in 2002.

Although the new restaurant could be linked in with changes to Air, since that will form a major part of the area in 2016.

Oh and I bet they do nothing whatsoever to the tunnel just to keep us lot annoyed with it as always. :p

Laser raiders has one now
:banghead:

I think the one at Blackpool would be similar to if air gets one.

Maybe they will want to create a bigger atmosphere around the oasis part of fv. New restaurant, enhancing air... something that further contrasts the area, and possibly even preparing the area for sw 8.

Maybe they'll make the station more enclosed so they don't have to heat the station track as much in winter. It must cost a fortune.

In regards to the photo opportunity, is it possible that they're simply relocating the photo booth for after the ride so there's more space for the restaurant that's being placed above? It might just make the area less cramped. I can't remember what the original plans for the restaurant were but it's an option that could spring to mind.

For the love of God, let's just hope that station enhancements finally put an end to the barren wasteland that is the Air tunnel.

Of course we don't know exactly what they are doing yet but seeing as it involves new theming and maybe a sponsor it would seem like the perfect opportunity to do something with the mess that is the Air tunnel. It would shut us all up for a start!

I bet they won't though! :p

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.