• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Air - Re-theme to VR Coaster - Galactica

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm actually really anticipating to ride this! The new name and retheme have grown on me, I hope they somehow link it to Nemesis but I doubt they will! Strange that its opening in April too, shame really was hoping it was gonna be open on opening day but oh well!

The ride slowly crawling up the hill if the block is occupied is a B&M system design. I can't see the ride behaving any differently, the VR will have to take this into account. (Could they modify Air/Galactica into a launched coaster?) Still, probably a good idea to bring sickness tablets for the first ride!

I hope they somehow link it to Nemesis but I doubt they will!
Calling it now: The moment the train does the inline twist, there will be a giant crab snapping it's claws at you from below. Possibly standing on a stupidly small meteor floating about in space.

And it won't be "Nemesis", just a bog standard buy-the-wire-frame-for-fifty-quid-online CGI crab, like in Sub Terra.

Don't think anyone's posted this. The promotional picture is pretty good!

dugxH44.png

Apart from the completely wrong track *enthusiasts mumbling in the distance*

I'm quite looking forward to this. Looking at the website it looks pretty well thought out, it has some depth to it (some kind of narrative) and it's space! A very current and popular topic at the moment so the timing for an attraction like this is spot on. There's a lot of logistical issues I'm concerned about, and of course with this being Merlin I'm concerned about the execution of it. At this point it's looking good however, and I hope (for once) Merlin can pull it off and impress some of us who are still a bit sour over their past projects and don't trust them with future ones.

i did wonder if anyone would comment on the track being wrong :) Why do they do this? I wonder if they did it with the right track and thought it blocked out too much of the fancy background. Not sure how they are going to manage to "clean the VR headsets after each use" if they are attached to the ride. I can see riders being given the VR headset in the pre show or there being a seperate check station or something to speed up loading like on test track in EPCOT, the car is dispatched to s check station to have the seat belts checked. Maybe something in the tunnel?

I hope they do this right and not half assed :)

Calling it now: The moment the train does the inline twist, there will be a giant crab snapping it's claws at you from below. Possibly standing on a stupidly small meteor floating about in space.

And it won't be "Nemesis", just a bog standard buy-the-wire-frame-for-fifty-quid-online CGI crab, like in Sub Terra.

Wait... that crab was nemies brother or something not cheap crap right? lol

The ride slowly crawling up the hill if the block is occupied is a B&M system design. I can't see the ride behaving any differently, the VR will have to take this into account. (Could they modify Air/Galactica into a launched coaster?) Still, probably a good idea to bring sickness tablets for the first ride!
My other half had a theory on how the VR will take it into account. There will just be RFID transmitters on the track keeping the VR synced. So it doesn't switch from lift hill VR video to the drop video until it passes over the top. This could I assume also ensure each row is in the right place so the front triggers before the back.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.