• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They still Hex, NST, CATCF and the Pirate show listed on their website. If they plan not to have any of these running this season, then they should remove these from the website. I think it would be very bad of them and miss leading if they are still advertising these so close to this season opening.

New low budget park map for 2016

akO9Cye.jpg

I think it would be very bad of them and miss leading if they are still advertising these so close to this season opening.
I don't think Merlin give a rat's ass about whether they're misleading people or not as long as they're making their money.

If they were called up on the fact that the rides are still listed even though they're closed they'd probably come up with some flakey excuse like they haven't had chance to update the website yet..

I don't think Merlin give a rat's ass about whether they're misleading people or not as long as they're making their money.

If they were called up on the fact that the rides are still listed even though they're closed they'd probably come up with some flakey excuse like they haven't had chance to update the website yet..

Merlin may not, but I'm sure it is misleading and illegal. I wonder if trading standards would like to hear about this ;)

Merlin may not, but I'm sure it is misleading and illegal. I wonder if trading standards would like to hear about this ;)

Knowing them they'd open them for one day in the season so they could get away with leaving them on the line up :D

Towers know 100% what they have and what they won't have open for opening day.

Staff have been in for the past few weeks training on rides. And the final bits of ride maintenance is now happening.

Ride teams have also altered around this season to take into account the closed rides.

It's just someone doesn't seem to want to admit it and release the information, wherever this is management at Alton Towers or higher up at Merlin, I have no idea!

I feel sorry for the twitter team, they probably know the answer but clearly can't release the info!

I'm guessing they don't want to put a downer on things and put people off coming before the start of the season

Better to be up front and honest about it rather than sneaky and trying to hide it. They will come in for far more stick by informing people at such late notice than they would have if it was all announced in January as they promised.

If anyone from management is reading this - do you really think misleading your customers is the right strategy? Stop and have a think about that for a few minutes will you, just let it sink in. Misleading. Not what you want when trying to re-build trust after what happened on The Smiler last year.

:)

I just look forward to that massive queue at guest services on opening day (the same as last year when they decided to open one whole side of the park an hour later without telling anyone).

Maybe they would have learnt from last year? But I guess not!

Just been having a browse of Towers twitter.

Fastrack for The Smiler remains at £10.
Fastrack for Galactica is £10.
All other single thrill ride fast tracks are £5.

:rolleyes:

No surprises there really, Galactica fastrack demand could be massive and allocation has to be low due to the low throughput. I doubt they'll sell that many for the Smiler though, unless it's on 3 trains which could cause capacity problems.

4 train Smiler as discussed last season isn't too much of an issue as the capacity increase is minimal. 3 trains is an UTTER misery.

The difference between 5 and 4 train services in terms of throughput is minimal. 5 trains just means there is always one stacking IIRC. Problem is, if there's ever a time when a train cannot be run or they just decide to run 3 trains for whatever reason, throuhput will be horrendous.

How much would it effect the main queues with less people using fastrack? Obviously the main queues will be longer but would the throughput be similar due to not having to wait for/prioritise people using fastrack?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.