• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
It's usually not too busy between scarefest and fireworks due to it being weekdays with normal opening hours and not late night riding, and most people visiting that time of year are usually going to one of the two events.
I think that's why the big 6 wristband day was on the week inbetween last year because they wanted to bump visitor numbers up

I wonder if they will do the proposed 10k run through the park this year? I signed up for the newsletter but had no news last year, I am guessing the smiler incident put this on the back burner.

CdXC-BeWoAAYySa.jpg

The map has been revealed! From TST's twitter account

Obvious changes are that the enchanted village seems to be more visible. I think it is now Spinball Whizzer instead of Sonic themed.

Yay! They must of worked some overtime to whip that up.
The map hasn't been updated on the main website yet but I like the look of it and worth the wait? (cough).
Oh well can't get everything right. Roll on opening weekend.

Last edited:
What a complete abomination. I don't know why I even hope for them to produce a half-decent map. Every year it seems to get worse...

:banghead:

Is it me, or does every year, the hotels take up more space on the map.

And #stayonemoreday? At least they used to pretend they're not upselling.

Oh wow, that map is very poor indeed. The resort side of things take up far too much space. It was bad before but now it's just stupid. And what's with SeaLife being so big?

:)

Oh wow, that map is very poor indeed. The resort side of things take up far too much space. It was bad before but now it's just stupid. And what's with SeaLife being so big?

:)

They're gonna shove fish in the flume track.

Is it me, or does every year, the hotels take up more space on the map.

And #stayonemoreday? At least they used to pretend they're not upselling.

What person in the world would go "I've had a fantastic day at Alton Towers! I'll log onto Twitter/Facebook/delete as appropriate and write #Stayonemoreday!" This crappy hashtag marketing needs to stop (in general, not just for Towers).

Besides, if you were staying at Towers for more than one day, then wouldn't you have planned it in advanced already?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.