• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Thought it was Oblivion, Enterprise and CBeebies opening at 9 with sonic opening at 9:30?

I must have missed that one, I knew what the line up would be, but I didn't know that all three main rides will be opening from 9.30, I thought that they would have at least one main rollercoaster open at 9, what's the point of ERT?

They really have lost the plot... early ride time, an hour of riding your favourite rides before the general public...

"hope you have kids otherwise your going to look really creepy for the first half an hour" ;)

Either that or it's your opportunity to queue for the rides to open ;)

You would have think after last years terrible incident and lost of public trust, that they would be doing what they can to draw guest back to the park.

Why put CBbeebies for toddlers before us adults, surely its us adults that are up first thing early in the morning waiting for those gates to open trying to catch the first rides, not toddlers.

You would have think after last years terrible incident and lost of public trust, that they would be doing what they can to draw guest back to the park.

Why put CBbeebies for toddlers before us adults, surely its us adults that are up first thing early in the morning waiting for those gates to open trying to catch the first rides, not toddlers.
I dunno man, toddlers get pretty pumped about being on the first train of octonaughts for the day ;)

Confusion over ERT is an internal communication issue rather than misleading advertising (ERT isn't a product that is sold so it can't be advertised as such). It's going to be a case of turn up on Saturday and see what opens when.

I personally think that Oblivion and Enterprise will open at 9am (as long as they are ready) and it's likely that there has been a total lack of communication regarding this.

:)

Confusion over ERT is an internal communication issue rather than misleading advertising (ERT isn't a product that is sold so it can't be advertised as such). It's going to be a case of turn up on Saturday and see what opens when.

I personally think that Oblivion and Enterprise will open at 9am (as long as they are ready) and it's likely that there has been a total lack of communication regarding this.

:)

I hope you are right Rob, going on their recent record, I'm not that optimistic.:(

I don't think Octonauts will handle the capacity if all the thrill seekers head for it first o_O

The website should not have the 9.30 in brackets as I would take that as only applies to the previous word.

The web site should read as follows

ERT from 9am CBeebies land only and from 9.30 Oblivion, Enterprise and Spinball.

The problem is that Alton is a very large place, it not as if all the rides are close together, they are pretty much spread out. I wouldn't mind if I lived approx an hour drive away. But like many, I'll be travelling some distance as I've have for the past 30 years. I don't intend to drive 4 hours + to stand in queue lines all day. I want to ride the rides and the ERT helps me do this before the park gets busy.

Now with some of the rides now closed for this season and now with the ERT reduced. It looks like Alton want to eradicate walk-ons as these do not sell fast track tickets which makes them money.

They're probably trying to get rid of ERT with all the budget cuts so by making it crapper than ever each year, fewer and fewer people bother getting up for it and low and behold they've got their excuse to get rid due to lack of demand.

ERT is now more aimed at people who stay over, which tend to be families with kids, so can see why Cbeebies takes priority over the hardcore fanatics who turn up at 9am.
Towers just dont love us anymore. :(

CBeebies in ERT is a godsend. Get it almost all done before the park opens proper. Qing with young children is nightmarish. Shame other stuff isn't open at the same time, usually send DH to do the rides I'm too scared to.

Based on average queue times for last season, rides in Cbeebies Land averaged higher waits than pretty much all other rides in the park. Definitely the most important and popular area of the park in the present climate to get open for ERT.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.