• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
The slight decrease in advance tickets is good to see. I can't say I see the point of raising the on-the-day price however, why not just freeze the price for one season? As ultimately, the price increase will be picked on and no doubt it will be reported in the media.

They're still yet to announce the 2016 ride line-up. With under 4 weeks till opening I think they need to announce it now and stop holding it off.

They're still yet to announce the 2016 ride line-up. With under 4 weeks till opening I think they need to announce it now and stop holding it off.
Mystifies me as to why they haven't done it yet when they originally planned for it to be finalised by the end of last month...

Also noticed that now, with a kelloggs 2for1, you must pre book. They obviously are wanting people to pre book this year.

It seems pointless buying a ticket on the day when u can have an annual pass for twice the price
How many people actually buy on the day in comparison anyway any ideas??

They need to reduce the online prices even more. I don't k or why you would ever pre book with towers (yeah you get ERT, but if it's anything like last season everyone will get it anyway).

You can use a 2 for 1 on the day and get a cheaper price than buying online.

They need to do what the likes of pleasure beach and Drayton do and do big deals like £15/20 online tickets.

Or offer the same online price all the time and let you buy tickets for next day until midnight.

Or offer the same online price all the time and let you buy tickets for next day until midnight.

But that doesn't give them any of the advantages that advance sales do. If they can predict the ticket sales more than a week in advance then it means they can adjust rotas and food orders as needed. Ticket sales a day or two before doesn't give chance to schedule fewer or more staff.

The problem with pre-booking is our weather. If you have a week of rain people aren't going to risk booking in advanced. Families might not want to risk spending the same amount of money they could to go abroad on a rainy/windy day in the park.

A pay freeze and being transparent with the general public would have left more favourable reviews on Twitter/Facebook/Trip Advisor. If you visited last year and didn't follow the off season you are going to be disappointed, no amount of "look, we painted the Nemesis" will fix it. A pay freeze or decrease across the board might have softened the blow.

Interestingly, while many are quoting the cheaper pay in advance rate, which is fine if you know when you want to visit, no one yet has mentioned the new child age, dropped from 4 to 3 meaning a young child's parents now having to fork out a whopping £45.60 to get them into the park!!

And whilst I appreciate many people do book in advance, there also a lot of people who will decide to turn up on the day with friends.

I'm expecting to see the parking charge this year as well - its been £6 for some time now......

A pay freeze or decrease across the board might have softened the blow.

But cuttting prices shows that the parks aren't doing well and they don't want to admit that, it will affect share price etc.

Marketing think that keeping a high gate price and then offering discounts to book online etc, is a better way to do it.

Personally I would rather see a gate price around £35, with a smaller online discount (like £5 off) but I know it isn't going to happen, especially as the Kelloggs vouchers mean many people see an advert for the parks every single morning.

I think the basic message here is research pricing before you commit to buying. as it stands it is cheaper for me and Mrs slugjc to turn up at the gate with a voucher. I would online book online if I was going alone.

We in this country over pay for every thing. Football, rugby, music, theme parks, museums. All over priced. Time we took a stand. Although having recently walked out of Liverpool fc over £77 tickets. I don't think the same thing would work at Alton, walking out after 51mins they wouldn't care

We in this country over pay for every thing. Football, rugby, music, theme parks, museums. All over priced. Time we took a stand. Although having recently walked out of Liverpool fc over £77 tickets. I don't think the same thing would work at Alton, walking out after 51mins they wouldn't care

The only thing that will get their attention is to stop visiting. I don't see any appeal to visiting this year, and so I won't be, and I'll be encouraging friends / relatives to visit the likes of Pleasure Beach or Drayton Manor instead, as they offer considerably better value for money right now.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.