• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Based on average queue times for last season, rides in Cbeebies Land averaged higher waits than pretty much all other rides in the park. Definitely the most important and popular area of the park in the present climate to get open for ERT.
Agree with you, but it would be nice to have maybe one thrill ride open from 9. Maybe oblivion. Really, just to give other people something to do (and a reason to go for) ERT.

I'm taking my cousin with me on Sat and he doesn't have a Merlin pass. So I'm going to use my share the fun with a friend for £10. So I can't buy my ticket on-line and have to get his ticket when we get there :(. Even tho we are planning to get there early. I was concerned I'm going to miss out on ERT if the ticket queues are long but with only a small selection of rides on offer. I think we'll be ok ;)
However @Sku comment about CBeebies makes sense but still a shame that some of the other rides aren't open earlier.

I'm taking my cousin with me on Sat and he doesn't have a Merlin pass. So I'm going to use my share the fun with a friend for £10. So I can't buy my ticket on-line and have to get his ticket when we get there :(. Even tho we are planning to get there early. I was concerned I'm going to miss out on ERT if the ticket queues are long but with only a small selection of rides on offer. I think we'll be ok ;)
However @Sku comment about CBeebies makes sense but still a shame that some of the other rides aren't open earlier.
The queues won't be long at 9am. :)

Yeah! Either a complete U-turn after realising they are making a big mistake or as usual, the staff themselves haven't got a clue on what's going on and if they haven't got a clue, then how are we suppose to know? :rolleyes:

It is simply a punctuation error.

There is no question that Oblivion and Enterprise open at 9. Spinball Whizzer may open before 9.30am (much like Air often did).

Last edited:
As well as Nemmy as those are the first rides you come across at the end of the woodland walk from the hotel.
I remember years back we would meet by the ship in the hotel and a mad scientist would walk you to the park via the woodland walk.

We haven't done the woodland walk before - where are both the exits?
One is in Forbidden Valley, next to the path leading from behind Blade towards the Skyride station, and the other is in the Alton Towers Hotel garden. :)

It takes about 15 mins walk to get from the hotel to Forbidden Valley and it's a really nice walk.
There was a gate just at the edge of AH's garden. You had to buzz and show your park tickets to the camera so you could get through.
It's great for busy times of the year and saved waiting in the long monorail queue to get into the park in the mornings.
I wonder if it's still open?

I wonder if it's still open?

It's still open. :) It seems to be more of a secret path these days since it's hardly advertised or mentioned!
__

Glad Towers are finally making use of social media over closed season, showcasing the safety checks and maintenance that happens over closed season. A shame they didn't post current pictures of Oblivion being checked... posting 3/4 year old images with a rusty track and that's all people are going on about ha!

I forgot to say this ages ago and I've only remembered because I've just made a booking.

As of the beginning of this year there is no longer a Reservations department at the Resort for the hotels, parks and spa. Resort reservations are now run by Holiday Extras. You may also notice a change in the way you book on the Alton Towers website, as it now directs you to a different page, this also now gives you the option to use your Merlin Annual Pass online to gain discount.

It's still open. :) It seems to be more of a secret path these days since it's hardly advertised or mentioned!
__

Glad Towers are finally making use of social media over closed season, showcasing the safety checks and maintenance that happens over closed season. A shame they didn't post current pictures of Oblivion being checked... posting 3/4 year old images with a rusty track and that's all people are going on about ha!

Awesome. I'll think I'll use it the next time I stay at the hotel in May

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.