• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I must say when the Skyride stops and it sways/bounces I get quite a thrill over it.

Maybe that's why Towers class it as a 'family attraction'. :p

I love it when it stops between FV and DF over the valley, the bounce is incredible.
The time I'll never forget was when me my missus and our two friends was on it. My missus and my friend one side of the gondola and me and my mates bf the other. It stopped and swung and my and my mate bf was pretty much looking straight down at the valley floor from our seat lol

Any one else think that Nitrogenie blaring chart music from their unit is somewhat intrusive and is really ruining Gloomy Wood?

Considering the park has tried to eradicate any main stream music (even Woodcutters is playing royalty free tracks).

Any one else think that Nitrogenie blaring chart music from their unit is somewhat intrusive and is really ruining Gloomy Wood?

Considering the park has tried to eradicate any main stream music (even Woodcutters is playing royalty free tracks).
I didn't notice this at all when I was stood outside Duel on Sunday. The group was getting ice creams and whilst I didn't venture into the Nitrogenie fenced area, I didn't hear any 'mainstream' music, so even if there is any, it certainly isn't intrusive.

I think I may have heard some on one or two of the HB Leisure games, but other than that...

I didn't notice this at all when I was stood outside Duel on Sunday. The group was getting ice creams and whilst I didn't venture into the Nitrogenie fenced area, I didn't hear any 'mainstream' music, so even if there is any, it certainly isn't intrusive.

I think I may have heard some on one or two of the HB Leisure games, but other than that...
Nope no music on Sunday. All I heard was the original haunted house music ("in the haunted house, hidden eyes are watching you" picture is back btw :D). Only heard "real" music in bk and ffc.

Nemesis was down for a good 3-4 hours in the afternoon today. Saw it testing at about 3pm and it looked *really* slow, like it was struggling to get over the vertical loop. Probably just with it being an empty train though as it was flying once it reopened?
Also saw Spinball being evacuated and that was down for a while as well.

On Thurs Nemmy and Oblivion were down for some time, Oblivion most of the afternoon until closing it seemed, what was annoying was the Q times didn't indicate it was closed so 3 times we trekked over to try and get on but wasted about an hour doing so in total!

I've noticed when rides do seem to go down nowadays that they stay down a lot longer. I wonder how many engineer's they have in comparison to a few years ago. Does seem to have gone downhill.

Oblivion went down around half 3 / 4 ish yesterday I think. When we went to ride it people were being evacuated from the break run and it was down for the rest of the day with engineers looking like they were working on the break run.

There was an empty car at the top of the lift hill on thurs but when we went over the 3rd time there were 2 or 3 guys running up and down the break run.

Probably a case of better safe than sorry and being ott with breakdowns after the smiler crash
It's better for rides to be down for a period of time than to have a repeat of the smiler incident obviously

Apparently nemesis threw out a load of oil on a guest but I think it was more because of the rain on Thursday.

Time for her to start wearing tena pads :D

You know what they say, oops moments happen :D

Ha in all seriousness the first time I have ever noticed nemesis down for a period of time like that, an oblivion was stop start as well on Thursday. Never thought I would see thirteen Rita and smiler keeping the park moving .

Been very impressed with smiler though, the park have done TLC on the ride, but more on the operations, reliability front and you can tell it's been well thought out, always seems to be 2 people in the op cabin and regular changes in the station staff and all very attentive.

Ive heard there is a power cut today only Galatica is still open, from what I know if Galatica is still open the rest of FV should be as well.

Last edited:
I had some lovely help from Alton Towers customer service yesterday :)

I won't go into details as someone could take the mickey and exploit their kindness on the issue. Without help my daughter wouldn't be able to go on a ride when we come next weekend. I explained it to the customer service team to see if there was anything we could do about it and they seriously went out of their way to help and resolved the issue.

As much as they get a kickin around here, and from me on some issues, I have to say I was utterly made up with their efforts yesterday.

Roll on Saturday :D

Didn't think we was going to get there this year but even with all the ride closures my daughter wanted to go. So maybe we all made too much out of it in the closed season.

That's great to hear. Many of us give Towers a bit of a bashing from time to time but I'd like to think that at some points some of the issues identified have been looked at more closely by the park and acted upon in some way. It's important that we are also fair though and give credit where credit is due and highlight things that they are doing really well, so it's good to see posts such as this. Have a great day :)

I prefer going to Alton towers on off peak days because I'm not a fan of queuing and love to get two or three goes on all the big ones, but if on off peak days people are paying full admission price and not all the rides are open, is it worth it?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.