• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Going back to accommodation I had my first stay at one of the Center Parcs this weekend. On reflection the 'lodges' in the Enchanted Village really don't deserve to be refered to as such. They are outdoor hotel rooms, nothing more.

So I've just been on the website to look at the prices of an overnight stay and noticed the star ratings for the Hotels have changed once again...

Enchanted Village Treehouses - *****
Alton Towers Hotel - ****
Enchanted Village Lodges - ****
Splash Landings Hotel - ***

Now I'm guessing they've rated these themselves because no way on earth is ATH 4*s. Moon Voyages maybe, but not the others. As for the lodges, although nice are quite basic so I'm not sure whether they warrant a 4th star.

This relates to the expensive of staying in them rather than the quality of the accommodation!!!

Going back to accommodation I had my first stay at one of the Center Parcs this weekend. On reflection the 'lodges' in the Enchanted Village really don't deserve to be refered to as such. They are outdoor hotel rooms, nothing more.

However they are better than the Splash Landings Hotel rooms as they have the bunk beds in a seperate "room" within the room.

Another great day at Alton towers today, but can I please make a suggestion to Towers management?? Why don't they open the new exit used for the RC restaurant as an exclusive entrance for MAP holders or hotel guests?? Great access to the park and it will save so many people using monorail or walking miles to main entrance!!! Plus a great chance to get a first ride on Galantica, Nemesis or Blade ;-)

There is a resurgence occurring, I think. Monday lunch time waits, like this are a pretty good sign.

jFqE52x.png

And, if a lot of these are school trips - even better.

It's school trip season, no point jumping on these stats until we get into middle of August...
I guess that's my point... perhaps I should have been more explicit. Last year school bookings really took a hammering, like nearly all other visitorstreams.

Schools are naturally one of the most risk averse markets. It's a positive sign.

It does appear that the park is far busier on school trip days than the equivalent days last year so that is certainly positive. Towers had a very tough start to the season but hopefull things are beginning to pick up. Saying that with Rita holding a 10 miniute queue and Oblivion a 60 minute queue I would guess that Oblivion is opearting on somewhat of a reduced capacity.

Good to see that The Smiler remains as popular as ever!

:)

How does the ride time app work for the rides, do the ride ops update them or someone else?

I only ask as the RMT and Congo River Rapids always seem to say 0 mins even when there's a hefty queue. Seems like they just can't be bothered to update them properly.

See as the staff on the Rapids can't be bothered to turn on the audio in the queueline and station (least that was the case earlier in the year) it wouldn't surprise me!

:)

Obviously it's been VERY busy today. Does anyone know if Oblivion was on single or double-shuttle dispatch?

Given that it had an hour queue, I'm going to guess it's on single dispatch as I can see no other way the queue can get so long. No idea why they would single dispatch on a day like this but double on some quiet weekday. Looks like they just randomly choose what days to double dispatch suspending on if staff show up.

Given that it had an hour queue, I'm going to guess it's on single dispatch as I can see no other way the queue can get so long. No idea why they would single dispatch on a day like this but double on some quiet weekday. Looks like they just randomly choose what days to double dispatch suspending on if staff show up.
Just been talking to my friend who was there today, and she said that it was on 2-station dispatch.

Today's ride times at 12:45. a 3 hour queue for Smiler! Would that fill the pit?

13669649_10154327911924512_8978356745958396241_n.jpg
I had the pleasure of experiencing a three hour wait for the smiler when it first opened, and if I remember correctly, that filled the pit and was using the extra queue outside of the pit and down to enterprise. Feel sorry for those waiting in that, I'm not sure many coasters are worth a three hour wait. I'd probably just re ride duel and blade all day if I was there as they were consistently walk on according to ride times.

The cheap lodges at centre parks ain't all that much better, I had my first stay at centerparcs this year and it made me realise how Merlin can charge what they do.

Came to the conclusion the whole uk leisure industry is over priced tat.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.