• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Ireland

I was just thinking the other day, "what country could a new area be themed to?" and the first thought that came in to my head was "Romania! They can do a Vlad the Impailer dark ride!" :p

I was just thinking the other day, "what country could a new area be themed to?" and the first thought that came in to my head was "Romania! They can do a Vlad the Impailer dark ride!" :p
Funny you should mention Romania, D. When I was flying back from EP at New Year, @BigAl and I were discussing what new countries could appear at EP, and we came to the conclusion that either Turkey or somewhere in Eastern Europe would probably be what they'd go for. Romania sounds like the best option for anything from Eastern Europe, and of course, it'd probably be centred around Transylvania. I can't remember what ride concepts we came up with, but we both thought that there were quite a few good possibilities of what could be done.

Ireland is the other country I'd like to see. Ironically I first had this idea in 2010 and thought it should be next to the English section and based around folk lore... which is now the Enchanted Forest. Still I would like to see Ireland one day.

For this area though I'd definitely say Romania. I love the idea behind Transalvania at Cheesiness and would love to see Europa's more authentic approach.

Romania would be a very interesting choice, especially if focused on Transylvania. I could certainly imagine some sort of inverted coaster themed around Dracula. It's always seemed strange that for a park as big as Europa, the only horror themed attraction is Geisterschloss, so it would be nice on them to expand on this.

My theory on Ireland is that EP are saving it for a rainy day. I think it's their 'get out of jail free' card if they box themselves into a corner trying to do Eastern Europe or Turkey or something. It's the one fall-back western European country that they haven't done and that has a strong visual and cultural identity.

My theory on Ireland is that EP are saving it for a rainy day. I think it's their 'get out of jail free' card if they box themselves into a corner trying to do Eastern Europe or Turkey or something. It's the one fall-back western European country that they haven't done and that has a strong visual and cultural identity.

I'd add Scotland as well; granted, people usually brand them under the UK, but they're certainly distinctive.

I'd love to see an EP take on Wales, but truthfully my country isn't exactly memorable.

I could certainly imagine some sort of inverted coaster themed around Dracula.
Was there once a rumour that Mack wanted to make an inverted coaster to compliment the Megacoaster model? Not sure if or who I heard that from but it wouldn't surprise me if the next big coaster was an Inverted Blue Fire with a darker theme and a bit more intense.

They could have bat shaped swinging cars, and paint it dirty pink with brown supports...

I'd love to see an EP take on Wales, but truthfully my country isn't exactly memorable.

UK7P6EW.jpg

Nope, pretty forgettable. ;)

Rumours floating around German fansites that 2016 will see a small rollercoaster and some sort of drop ride added to the park, and 2017 will see a new area built around them (like Greece and Portugal were done). This seems to be based on what someone is claiming they were told by one of the Macks, though of course there is no evidence of any of this - just a rumour. Let's hope it's not true!

I'd not object to a drop ride per se, if it was well themed. A small coaster would also fit a gap. That said, I would rather a large coaster of course!

Eurosat and Universe of Energy retheme on the cards for 2016

Europa-Park are set to complete a retheme of their attractions in the French area of the park. The Euro-Tower has already gained a steampunk/Jules Verne style retheme this year for the 40th birthday of the park, and now indoor coaster Eurosat and Universe of Energy are set to follow suit.

According to EP Rust, Eurosat will close at the end of the Summer and reopen under the name 'A Trip to the Moon', after the 1902 film inspired by Jules Verne's novels 'From the Earth to the Moon' and 'Around the Moon'. The name change is also to prevent what the park says is a common confusion with the park's other coaster in the Russian area of the park, Euromir.

There will also be changes made to Universe of Energy. The dark ride is not exactly the most popular ride in the park, and the retheme will see a new preshow room based on the investion of a time machine. The theme will still be set around dinosaurs, but the track and queueline will be completely renovated. Again, a steampunk style will be adopted once the ride changes are completed.

Thanks to EP Rust for this information!

Eprust.com said:
D'après le journal Seuddeusch Blatt 2016 sera sous le thème de Steampunks.

Il y aura la rénovation complète d'Euro Sat. Ce manège restera ouvert jusqu'à la fin de l'été pour rouvrir début 2016.
Le nom du nouveau G8 sera inspiré par les œuvres de Jules Verne et publié en 1902 .
La nouveauté 2016 »Le Voyage dans la Lune" Cela correspond parfaitement, au quartier français», explique Roland Mack. «Nous avons aussi la question Steampunk déjà repris dans la rénovée cette saison Euro-Tower et notre nouveau film 4D. Le changement de nom était nécessaire parce que nous avons remarqué que, surtout la première minuteries souvent confondu les deux montagnes russes EUROSAT et Euro-Mir avoir, surtout depuis les deux ont aussi un thème de l'espace.

Mais il y aura une autre nouveauté 2016, Au rez de chaussée de l'énorme boule Eurosat qui date de 1994 se trouve le ride "Universe of Energy", un tour de Dinosaures famillial, qui malheureusement est négligé par la plupart des visiteurs, comme Roland Mack doit l'admettre. "Nous allons rénover la piste, et la file d'attente pour les rendre plus attrayants pour les visiteurs. Le sujet de Dino sera maintenu, parce qu'il est populaire avec les enfants. Le système d'entraînement et la zone d'attente serons reconstruites complètement. Dans l'avenir, les visiteurs verrons un nouveau Show room . ( l'invention d'une machine de temps. ) dans le style Steampunks ce sera l' aspect central du voyage.

So there it is! After years of planning, the time has finally come for Eurosat to be fully refurbed. And not only Eurosat, but also the Universum Der Energie Dark ride, located just under the coaster.
Translating what is said above gives us many infos about what is going to be done.
Here are the important facts, I translated it for you:

- Eurosat will be closed at the end of the summer, and reopen in 2016
- The new coaster (New coaster or retracking?) theme will be inspired by Jules Verne books to fit with the new Steampunk theme that has started to appear this year with Eurotower and the new 4D movie
- Eurosat will be renamed to "Le voyage dans la lune" (A travel into the moon), so there will be no more confusion between Eurosat and Euromir names.
- The universe of Energy, that is not really popular at the moment, will get a full refurbishment. The ride system and the queueline are going to be reconstructed, but the Dino theme will stay because it is popular. There will be a new showroom, that will show the invention of a time machine

So the goal is apparently to retheme the whole french area with the steampunk theme that has appeared this year.

Last edited:
Why do I fear they will completely sanitise the ride, taking a fantastic ride and making it mediocre.

The retheme sounds good though.

The French area is stunning. Why retheme it to something so common these days as steampunk? Bah.

As for Sat, anything they can do to the ride itself can only mean a good thing.

EP's theming in recent years is fantastic, so I'm sure Eurosat will look great. 'A Trip To The Moon' is a terrible name for a roller coaster, however.

EP's theming in recent years is fantastic, so I'm sure Eurosat will look great. 'A Trip To The Moon' is a terrible name for a roller coaster, however.

Plus slightly ripping off the origional (and returning) name of Space Mountain, as is the theme I suppose.