• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: Ireland

We all knew something was happening with the track. I just pray they keep the same layout as the ride itself is awesome.

End of summer... Do we have a date? So glad I get a last chance to ride it this summer

By 'summer', do they mean Europa's summer season (which ends in November), or the end of summer as in August? I'm just wondering whether something might have been lost in translation, as is often the case with EP (24 hour opening, anyone?).

Yeah this is what I was thinking. It could be that it's after main season that the ride is closed, rather than August/September as we perhaps would assume would be classed as "Summer".

Excited to see what they come up with, but at the same time like many others a little apprehensive that the actual ride itself might be modified to dull it down. Hope not, be we shall see! Either way, it's been a long time coming to say the least, so it's going to be an interesting one to follow.

End of the summer definitly means before the end of the season. And it is necessary for what is to be done.
I imagine they are going to closed it in september, after the summer holiday and before the halloween season.

I'm just wondering if they are going to built a complete new coaster, or just retracking the old one to make it smoother. As much as I do love Sat, I'm hoping for a new one. :)

Last edited:
We apologise for the earlier status about 2016 developments at the park. It appears that even though we have talented linguists in our ranks, that the article was in fact a joke from a German web forum earlier this year, which has only recently been picked up by French Europa-Park fans and taken at face value. We apologise for any confusion and hope to bring you more accurate 2016 information as soon as possible!

So it was a joke? Ugh.

It was posted in April by EP Board, but the article was linked today by EPRust. Because the date of the web article was simply shown as "yesterday", they have taken it at face value. Frustrating but that is the nature of the beast sometimes - especially with international translations, too!

:)

We still know that Eurosat's days as we know it are nearing an end.

Indeed we do, and it has been on the cards for several years.

The ride will no doubt see a re-theme in the next few years, if not 2016.

However, I doubt it will be something so akin to the original Space Mountain.

Michael Mack has confirmed to ep-board that 2016 will see a redevelopment of the children's area (where the big slides are). Will we see a new Troublesome Trucks-sized coaster? Will the much-loved slides remain?

Will we see a new Troublesome Trucks-sized coaster?

I really hope so.

I feel that Pegasus is probably too big for being "child's first coaster", despite the park advertising it as such. Something akin to Troublesome Trucks or Octonauts in size would be great.

This area is the one area of the park that I don't think fits into the rest of Europa park. In my last visit, it just seemed to be quite run down and in need of some TLC.

It's not an area that I HAVE to visit when I go, although I do like a go on the slides ☺️

I think it's a good step for the park to be taking and hopefully the area will be brought up to standard with the rest of the park....

With the slides remaining!

Excellent news, this is the one area of the park that is in need of re-development. It's a perfectly pleasant area but I feel that the park has moved on from it over the last few years, if that makes sense. It's a bit, well, un-themed!

I know they have to be careful with noise in this area of the park but an entry level kids coaster would be perfect. Oh and please keep the slides!

EP have confirmed that the second Poppy Tower will be added to the Arthur Dome next year - excellent!

I'd imagine it will be identical to the one that is there presently. They already have all of the set up installed for it, including lighting, so it should just be a case of putting it in place.

Identical - but throughput will double. Good news because the queue is regularly 15 minutes.