• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Thought I'd create a video of The Smiler a week after reopening on my visit on Saturday 26th March.

It shows most of the screens, effects and the half-way corrected screens and audio working properly (minus a couple of changes visible), as well as various shots of the ride in action, inside and outside.

:)

Loved the way you've filmed this. Great job!

Here is an interesting video I just found. Taken by an employee by the looks of it at the start of March, it shows them testing the Smiler. You can see they are testing all the block brakes as the ride car is stopping at each of them and waiting longer than usual. Also interesting is that it still shows "Halfway Corrected" and also the ride cars have the smiler logo on the front, so this was definitely taken off for the media day when the park opened.

Here is an interesting video I just found. Taken by an employee by the looks of it at the start of March, it shows them testing the Smiler. You can see they are testing all the block brakes as the ride car is stopping at each of them and waiting longer than usual. Also interesting is that it still shows "Halfway Corrected" and also the ride cars have the smiler logo on the front, so this was definitely taken off for the media day when the park opened.

This video was shot before the official opening in 2013 :)

I'm glad it's back open, hopefully get my first ride now this year now the daughter is big enough.

She didn't say she'd ride The Smiler again (and implied she still wants it to be closed permanently, but realises this is not going to happen), however she did say that she wouldn't be averse to going on another roller coaster.