• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2016: The Smiler Reopening

Will you ride in 2016?

• Yes

Votes: 147 94.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters
Good point, if a train can get into the station quicker it can get dispatched quicker as well
That's my point though, it can only be dispatched quicker if the blocking allows it to be dispatched quicker. If it takes 30 seconds to load and you can dispatch every 45 seconds, it doesn't matter if it's in the station for 35 seconds, or 45 seconds, it's not going anywhere.

Probably onto the lift if the flat before is a separate block, off the lift if not

Does anyone know where train 1 needs to get to before train 2 is allowed to be dispatched?
I think it's lift one (as the smiler essentially has three block sections - indoor heartline room, after first lift, after second lift), but the chance of it being loaded/unloaded/dispatched in the time it takes a train to get only to the bottom of lift one isn't likely.

For it to run normally i'd say the minimum would be the time taken for a train to leave the top of lift one to it going up lift two.

Not sure if this was mentioned as think everyone was too excited about it reopening.

Did anybody notice the sign with the black backing???

Think they must have damaged the holes when taking the original down. Looks like a cheap replacement.

I noticed (if you mean the The Smiler sign above the entrance) that it had a backing on but couldn't remember what it was like before until somebody pointed it out.

A one handed guest was turn away at the load point according to bbc shropshire

They probably thought said guest would arrive back at the station screaming about having lost a hand. :/

It is indeed according to a facebook post! I am unsure however of how to add screenshots or links... She does explain that it was down to safety procedures that require you to be able to climb a ladder and walk 25m without help however they allowed someone on just after with their arm in a cast!

I'd honestly be quite suprised if this was the case. I know they've put in lots of new (arguably unnecessary) h&s rules, but that would be a bit extreme. i expect this to be a misunderstanding, that will no doubt further damage their reputation (though I wouldn't put it past towers to do something like this)

I am right in thinking that on the notice outside the entrance there is a line saying about the various things a rider needs to be able to do (e.g. climb down a ladder or whatever it says)? If that is so, I understand the reasons, but they probably weren't explained in the best way.

I am right in thinking that on the notice outside the entrance there is a line saying about the various things a rider needs to be able to do (e.g. climb down a ladder or whatever it says)? If that is so, I understand the reasons, but they probably weren't explained in the best way.
Well, apparently the staff on the gate said she wouldn't be able to ride, yet she went anyway. I understand both sides in this case I don't think it's fair that she wasn't able to ride, but if it was unsuitable and could have been a potential risk, then I understand why she shouldn't be allowed on. The staff were just (I assume) doing what they've been told to do. They shouldn't receive the criticism (that is of course if they were just following the set rules)