• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017/18: SW8 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Would love SW8 to be a wooden coaster.

Having done megafobia & the Blackpool ones, they are rides I all really enjoy and one situated I. towers rural, forested surroundings would be just amazing.

I think the ride should definitely be aimed towards the thrilling end of the family market and be somewhere between Thirteen & Smiler in terms of intensity.

Hope this ride happens and comes off the ground.

I don't think anyone had yet has thrown Intamin into the mix for possible companies behind SW8. it wouldn't surprise me if Intamin have seen what RMC have been upto and have come up with an update to their wooden coaster to offer a competing product, plus with rumours of a launch they are certainly set up to add a LIM launch system to a wooden coaster.

I don't think anyone had yet has thrown Intamin into the mix for possible companies behind SW8. it wouldn't surprise me if Intamin have seen what RMC have been upto and have come up with an update to their wooden coaster to offer a competing product, plus with rumours of a launch they are certainly set up to add a LIM launch system to a wooden coaster.
I don't think we shall be seeing anything LIM based for a longtime. I do think that Intamin has been working on slightly updating their product, I just can't see it being an Intamin though.

I thought the power supply to the park was too sketchy for a LIM/LSM launch?

I belive it is. Smiler put a strain on the park and needed investment in that area. Also with rising energy coasts I can not see towers ever getting a LSM COASTER.

Or a 100m high wind turbine, they seem to be all the rage in the peak district at the moment.
#letsdestroyeveryviewinengland

Or a 100m high wind turbine, they seem to be all the rage in the peak district at the moment.
#letsdestroyeveryviewinengland

Hardly "every view" in England is destroyed by a wind turbine. The day you make a post without dragging right wing politics into a completely unrelated matter is the day pigs will fly.

can we leave the great renewable energy debate for it owns thread.

The Planning of SW8 is going to considered the supporting infrastructure. The electrical feeding infrastructure for AT is know to have capacity limitations. however, we do not know what is going to done to this system before SW8 is opened. With the site developing even more Merlin and National grid / western power maybe looking at upgrading feed connections, to ensure security of supply.

At the time of writing this, Nat Grid do not have planned projects in the Alton area for this year. and Western Power do not show Projects online.

Last edited:
I hope the next ride is raw, thrilling and to be honest damn right terrifying. I want to ride something truly sinister that has the ability to actually get my heart going like the good old days.

I hope the next ride is raw, thrilling and to be honest damn right terrifying. I want to ride something truly sinister that has the ability to actually get my heart going like the good old days.

I'm not its biggest fan, but did you miss The Smiler? That is pretty raw and thrilling.

SW8 is probably more likely to be in the family thrill category. As long as it is not another tame ride through the trees ala Thirteen then that is fine. Wodan probably classes as a family thill and my god it is epic!

:)

Hardly "every view" in England is destroyed by a wind turbine. The day you make a post without dragging right wing politics into a completely unrelated matter is the day pigs will fly.

Whats right wing about not wanting any more countryside views destroyed by these things, they might have their place off shore but they are a eyesore on land so why put them in beauty spots.

I think its a very relevant point up for discussion in this thread also, if AT applied for planning for a 100m high roller coaster for SW8 it would be turned down flat but yet a 100m noisy wind turbine would get approval.
Maybe they could use this as an excuse to blast the tree height restriction into touch and build the world's first wind powered ride.

Whats right wing about not wanting any more countryside views destroyed by these things, they might have their place off shore but they are a eyesore on land so why put them in beauty spots.

Wind turbines have no relevance in this topic whatsoever, and we all know their abolishment is an agenda within the desires of a certain party. Your posting intentions are crystal clear.

I think its a very relevant point up for discussion in this thread also, if AT applied for planning for a 100m high roller coaster for SW8 it would be turned down flat but yet a 100m noisy wind turbine would get approval.
Maybe they could use this as an excuse to blast the tree height restriction into touch and build the world's first wind powered ride.

What an utterly deluded thought which will clearly never happen. You know damn well how tight the planning restrictions are regardless of what the structure is. There is genuinely more of a chance that Disney will set up camp in Scotland with a theme park than Towers even considering such a preposterous proposal, nevermind actually submitting it.

I belive it is. Smiler put a strain on the park and needed investment in that area. Also with rising energy coasts I can not see towers ever getting a LSM COASTER.

Maybe this is what the test holes were for in the car park last week? They are going to generate power from all the parked cars or worse still wind farm

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.